FoxFury Rookie View - 1 x White CREE, 4 x Red LED, 1 x AA cell, White Ceramic Finish

shomie911

Enlightened
I can't seem to find anything about this light on CPF. From what the website says it's been out since February of this year.

Anybody have one? Pics of it in hand would be good for getting an idea of it's size and handling characteristics.

The unique finish and the fact that it has white and red outputs in the AA format is making me want to pick one up. :devil:

Specs:

65 Lumen

5 LEDs: 1 white & 4 red

12 Degree focused beam (white light)

3 Modes (including turbo-strobe)

Waterproof to 6 ft

(1) AA - Life: 50 minutes

Modes: White Light - Red Light - White Turbo-Strobe

Head diameter: 1.1"

Body length: 4.1"

Pics:

KgpLe.jpg

6EhOr.jpg

n6G73.jpg

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know anything about the light but 65 lumens for only 50 minutes is pretty bad.

A quark AA can do 85 lumens for 1 hour 30 min
A Zebralight SC51 can do 100 lumens for 2 hours 24 min
A Fenix LD10 can do 100 lumens for 1 hour 48 min

yowzer

Enlightened
I wonder if that's run time on alkaline AA. If so, it'll be better on NiMH.

If only the 5mm LEDs came in other colors.... I don't care for red, but something like the neutralish tinted ones used in the Surefire AZ2... :hitit:

swtim255

Newly Enlightened
I will take a pic of it next to a few things for size, I have large hands so that would not help much.
Will try and post in the morning for you.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if that's run time on alkaline AA. If so, it'll be better on NiMH.

It will not be that much better. Other single AA lights medium modes put out 50% more lumens for 100% (or more) longer. Heck most single AA lights can put out 200% (or more) lumens for that amount of run time.

shomie911

Enlightened
It will not be that much better. Other single AA lights medium modes put out 50% more lumens for 100% (or more) longer. Heck most single AA lights can put out 200% (or more) lumens for that amount of run time.

I agree that efficiency is important, but the quality of a light cannot always be measured in the amount of lumens it puts out.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that efficiency is important, but the quality of a light cannot always be measured in the amount of lumens it puts out.

True but I don't think anybody would argue that Fenix, 4sevens, zebralight, etc are not quality lights. The Foxfury is made from aluminum just as those other AA lights but the foxfury only has 1 brightness level where all the others have at least 3 levels of brightness. Quarks have a warranty that is 5 times longer and on top of all that the Foxfury light is more expensive and has 1/4 the run time than all the others. The more I look at this light the more I can't understand why anyone would ever buy it. Sure, if it were $15 as opposed to $85 it would be worth it. I'll pass.