Rechargeable LED light options in UK

pipspeak

Enlightened
I'm currently over in the UK for a couple of months and plan to get my dad a decent rechargeable LED light for Father's Day next month, but stupidly forgot to buy one before leaving the US. So now I'm stuck in "rip-off Britain" where apparently there is nowhere to pick up anything half decent, like a Strion or similar, that has a cradle charger (not interested in separate battery charger because I know he'll never use it, and don't want anything still using NiCad batteries).

Can anyone offer any suggestions for such a flashlight that's actually available from a UK-based retailer or even a retailer elsewhere in Europe? Has anyone heard of Nightsearcher lights? That have a couple of rechargeable lights that look OK on paper at least.

Since I have a while I guess I could gamble with getting something from DX, but what does DX offer that won't burn down the house?!

Last edited:

pipspeak

Enlightened
cool, thanks... had found a few of those but not others.

Sounds like the Nightsearcher lights are basically rebadged DX-quality chinese lights, but I'm curious if anyone has experience of the Nightsearcher Explorer, which is a 150-lumen (allegedly) rechargeable that looks like it might be decent for the money.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't be that bad for you, GBP is much weaker against USD than it was 5 years ago.

+1 on flashaholics.co.uk

Very reliable and fast delivery. discount code: CPF gives you 8% off.