User Interface Multi-level Streamlight C4 and Inova T-series

mbw_151

Enlightened
I'm trying to find out what kind of user interface (UI) these lights use and the tint of the beam. Neither manufacturers site explains the UI or lists a color temp. I believe that they are multi click with the order high, low, strobe but can not find confirmation. Some of the previous generation Inovas were on the warm side which I like. Has anyone handled any of these lights? I'm particularly interested in the newest multi-level Inova T2 and the multi-level Streamlight TL-2.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Doesn't anyone have experience with either of these families of lights? I realize that they aren't leading edge, but they are definitely good quality lights at a reasonable price point.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The following are excerpts from reviews by Robin Wang of the Stinger LED and the Inova T4, which were copied and pasted from led-resource:
http://www.led-resource.com/

You might want to read Robin Wang's full reviews of these lights.

Stinger LED:

All of the Stinger LED lights use the same four-mode user interface. The UI isn't mentioned specifically anywhere, so I will go into a little more detail here.

Single Click: High
A single click activates 100% mode for 200 lumens.

Click and Hold: High-Medium-Low
When either button is pressed and held, the light will slowly cycle through the three brightness levels in high-medium-low-medium-high order. When the button is released, the light will stay in the current mode. The mode can be changed anytime, whether the light is on or off.

Two Fast Clicks: Strobe
With two fast clicks, the 200 lumen strobe is activated. Once again, strobe can be activated anytime, whether the light is on or off. To return the light to high, double-click the switch again (this would turn the light off then immediately turn it back on).

For all modes, a single click will turn the light off. Since the light uses electronic switches, there is a small standby current drain of 5 µA (0.005 mA), which is negligible.

Inova T4:

One Click: High
A single click activates maximum brightness of 227 lumens, for a runtime of 2h 15m.

Two Clicks: Medium
When high mode is activated and the switch is clicked within two seconds, the 94 lumen medium mode is activated (note that if clicks are too fast, strobe will be activated). The T4 has a runtime of six hours on medium.

Three Clicks: Low
When medium mode is activated and within two seconds from activating high mode, the 16 lumen low mode will be activated if the switch is clicked once more. The light has a runtime of 48h 30m on low.

Click and Hold: Momentary On
When the switch is held for more than half a second, the light will turn off when the switch is released. A slightly annoying bug that we found with the momentary on mode is that the next time high mode is activated, the light will flash once.

Two Fast Clicks: Strobe
Two fast clicks at any time will activate the strobe.

For all modes, a single click will turn the light off if the two second time limit has passed. Since the light use an electronic switch, there is a small standby current drain of less than 7.5μA.