Need Spring For Nitecore Defender Infinity

robo21

Enlightened
Somehow I lost the battery spring on my AA Nitecore Defender Infinity. I've emailed Nitecore and after two and a half weeks they finally said "Good news we have the spring how can we send to you?" I sent them my name and address and asked them to reply with PayPal instructions or whatever and no reply. All further emails, no reply. It has been another 2 weeks and nothing.

I bought this light when they first were introduced here at CPF, I would sure like to get it going again. I just don't understand why they don't reply. This kind of customer service definitely doesn't inspire confidence to ever buy another Nitecore light.

Has anybody got any suggestions for dealing with them or know of an alternative way to get a spring for this light? The recepticle for the spring measures .33"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1b.jpg

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Robin,
It's good to see you back here at CPF, but it's sure disappointing to hear about Nitecore's communication issues. It's possible that the spring is in already the mail, but maybe you could contact one of their US distributors and explain your situation.

Here is a link to Goinggear.com:
http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

They've been known to be very helpful to CPF members, and I'll bet they can help you get that spring. Just click on the "Contact Us" button, lower left on that page.

Do let me know how it works out.

Last edited:

robo21

Enlightened
Hi Derek, and thank you for the suggestions.
Interestingly, out-of-the-blue, I received an email at 3:16 this morning from Nitecore saying that my "case" had been "referred to Ken in sales." Further that he would be contacting me. Time will tell how that works out.

Meanwhile, Nitecore customer "service" has been very disappointing. :thumbsdow

It should NOT take weeks to contact someone to get flashlight parts, especially something as easy to lose/replace as a battery spring. At this point, even though they have advised me that they do have the spring they asked ME how they could get the spring to me. After several weeks there is still no clear idea as to when I might get a spring, if ever. Maybe this is a language issue and maybe they just don't care. This was not a cheap flashlight, so I would have thought that customer service would be commensurate with the quality of the light.

Flashlights made in the USA might cost a little more up front but generally the customer service is much easier to contact and far more responsive.

I will definitely be contacting goinggear.com Thanks again for that.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever I throw away an old flashlight or Surefire HOLA or LOLA I cut the spring and put it in a little plastic box. I've done that for years. So.... when I need a spring there is a good chance that I have one! I suggest that you look at inexpensive flashlights and buy one just to get the spring. Springs like you pictured are called conical springs.... because they are... cone-shaped. You might get lucky with an online spring dealer.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a spare one, pm me your address and I'll ship it to you.

Has anybody got any suggestions for dealing with them or know of an alternative way to get a spring for this light? The recepticle for the spring measures .33"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1b.jpg

robo21

Enlightened
Until this was broken I didn't realize how much I really like this light. For a AA light it still is one of my favorites. It's too bad the customer service is absent. Doesn't inspire much brand loyalty.