Any New Single AA/AAA Stainless Steel light...

Ian2381

Enlightened
I just bought a Lumintop worm to add to my collection, Is there any upcomming Single AA/AAA stainless steel light? Wanted it to be lighter than previous models...

choombak

Enlightened
There's even one that looks just like the worm.

Yeah, but overall, I find the QC of these lights to be slightly dubious - for eg., this AAA light has too sensitive capacitive switch - it turns on with a slight touch. The other "bullet" sized light I purchase had a creaking noise of the threads, and no amount of lube fixed that. The design, price point, all are attractive, but the reliability is questionable. Hence, not worth in my books.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Yeah, but overall, I find the QC of these lights to be slightly dubious - for eg., this AAA light has too sensitive capacitive switch - it turns on with a slight touch. The other "bullet" sized light I purchase had a creaking noise of the threads, and no amount of lube fixed that. The design, price point, all are attractive, but the reliability is questionable. Hence, not worth in my books.

Is there any light in the site that has good quality? Bought a lot of cheap flashlight from the past that has poor quality (Mostly was given away and modded) so I'm now leaning in buying only quality lights with acceptable price.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I can't speak from personal experience with any of those lights, as I have yet to buy one but am considering it, I have read several good reviews of lights from CNQ, and yeah, a couple bad ones too. But overall, from what I've seen, there are more favorable reports than negative ones here on CPF. You might get a lemon, of course, but considering that nearly all 'big name' light manufacturers have their lights made in China now days, there are plenty of negative reports here about Jetbeam, 4Sevens, NiteCore, Thrunite, EagleTac, and more.

The only way to get a light you know for certain is going to be top notch quality all the way through is to buy a custom, at least an HDS in terms of investment, and go up from there... :eek:oo:

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, I've had two CN Quality n-Light B3s for months and they've been brilliant. No problems whatsoever.

Last edited:

choombak

Enlightened
I believe CNQ sells the "surplus/remaining/rejected/slightly flawed/could not make through QC/etc." OEM lights, since these resemble so many branded lights. For that price point, they are decent value, but from a reliability perspective, I don't trust them. So instead of buying 2 lights for $90, I'd buy 1 for that amount from 4sevens (for eg.), and be happy with it. I have lost way too much money on such lights, and from experience, have decided not to fall in the same trap again. Heck, I could have bought one HDS light for that total and still saved some. :ohgeez:

glenda17

Enlightened
Well it looks like cnq is about the only game in town for a <3" clicky AAA, so I ordered one. I've been using thier Yezl for a couple months EDC harsh chemical plant environment without issue.

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
Trustfire F23 is a gorgeous SS 3xAAA light, polishied finish, mine works well on AAA or 10440 batteries. Only complaint I have about it is that the clicky is very stiff, and with the smooth polished finish it makes the light difficult to turn on with one hand.

It's the 2nd light from the right. $12-15 depending on where you buy it.

Favoritee5.jpg

Last edited:

Ian2381

Enlightened
I Just bought the N-Light B2S Stainless steel Neutral 1xAA from CNQ, If this exceeds my expectations I might just buy a few other Stainless lights in AAA and AA format from them. Anyone have this? reviews?
thanks

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
Greets. I have this AA N Light. The overall milling of the stainless steel is superb. Also has some heft to it. Running a 14500 it's very bright. Will run on the 14505's as well .

The neutral has a nice tone, not blue.

Negatives. The tail switch. It's soft and mushy. Also it has a squeaky sound while compressing. One other observation is it's not a positive click on, it seems you can start to watch the led "light" engage as you are in the process of compression, this happens as well during partial compression to get to next brightness setting.

Worth the 40 bucks, sure. Glad to have it it's a beautiful hunk of metal . :devil:

nl1.jpg

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at the offerings from PEAK LED Solutions? They've got a AAA (Eiger) and AA (El Capitan) which are both available in SS. The Eiger is available in a pocket version with minimal knurling or a keychain version with a lanyard loop. It will run alkaline, NiMH or Li Ion batteries. The El Capitan is available with a lanyard loop or with a momentary switch option. It also runs the gambit of batteries. You can see the lights by Googling RMSK and clicking "I'm Feeling Lucky"