Question about replacement glass for Lumintop

Stehil912

Newly Enlightened
I recently dropped my Lumintop TD 15X and the glass broke.. Needless to say I am a bit sad as it is used daily at work (security stuff) I tried contacting Lumintop and they didnt respond.. I was wondering if anyone knows where to pick up spare parts?? I apprieciate any advice anyone can give.. I also tried doing a search, but had no luck with it.. Anyways my name is steve btw and nice to meet everyone :)

herosemblem

Enlightened
I would like to add that I dropped my TD15 from waist level for the second time, which cracked the lens. The lens is now flaking away in parts, so I would like to purchase a replacement or equivalent lens. Thank you for the link, jhc! I just need to figure out how to remove the bezel so I can measure the lens. I was unsuccessful with vice grips...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you take off the SS bezel and then the o-ring can you take out the lens then, it looks like it? I will try it on my TD15, to remove bezels I usually put the bezel to the rubber bottom of a shoe and twist. I did just try by hand and noticed the crenelated bezel is on pretty tight. If you can get the lens out and if you don't have something to precisely measure it then maybe take it somewhere like a jewelers and see if they can measure it for you.

Edit: I was just able to get the SS bezel off using the bottom of a shoe, it was tougher than most but just put some power behind it and it will loosen up, also there is no o-ring between the bezel and lens so the lens will just fall out.

Last edited:

alan98vw

Newly Enlightened
Just like jhc37013 said

I ordered from flashlightlens to replace my broken EDC Fenix TK10 len more than a year ago. Very high quality len. I ordered the UCL lens, both side are also coated with anti-reflection coating. They have some already pre-fabricated (sizes). You'll have to find out the size of the lens that you need. It's pain to send it back to China for repair, shipping cost and waiting time, even it is free of repair. Hope you can find one from flashlightlens.com.

:welcome:

herosemblem

Enlightened
Thanks for the "shoe" trick, but unfortunately even that did not help to remove the bezel ring on my TD15. It's as if Lumintop threadlocked the bezel on for good. I used both my thick-soled rubber snow hiking boots and the rubber soles of my tennis shoes, to no avail.
I then used a channel lock tool in one hand, and some pliers in the other hand, and attempted to torque off the bezel ring with all my might (basically a gorilla) and it sticks like glue.

Any more ideas?

DM51

Flashaholic
Either it has had Loctite / equivalent thread-locking applied, or the threads were bent when it was dropped, and jammed against each other.

If it's loctite, applying heat can help loosen it.

duro

Enlightened
I spoke to lumintop months ago when I got my td15x to ask about replacement lenses. They said if it ever comes to that, they can take care of it. Try emailing some more. They do use a glue. Hence no o-ring. Try the hot water trick.

herosemblem

Enlightened
Thanks for the insight, DM51 & duro.

I will spend additional dollars to send it to China and they can take care of it :).

duro

Enlightened
If you're going to send it back, I would send it to the dealer. The dealer can then ship it to Lumintop. It will be much cheaper and also, it's how it's supposed to be done with these manufacturers.

Good luck sir.