Source of Luminus SST-90 UK

dronnan

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm looking to source a couple of Luminous SST-90 LED's and live in the UK

I've had some help from the 'LED' section of the forum and thanks to those who have responded but hope that someone who has done a D Maglite SST-90 conversion may be able to point me to other sources

Also its becoming obvious that there are lots of 'bins' for the SST-90 and any advice in making sure I get the 'brightest' one (ie one in the 5000-6500K colour temp range and capable of over 2000 Lumens at 9A) would be appreciated

As for why I'm looking for that particluar LED:
What I'm trying to do is replace the following lamp in my home made diving light

The current lamp is:
A Halogen 12V DC 75W dicrohic projector light lamp, 50mm diameter with a GZ6.35 base very similar to a MR16 with GU5.3 base which also fitsThe current Halogen lamp is a Phillips 6853 FO (RS part number 250-457) or
Osram Xenophot HLX 75W 12V. LIF code A1/230 (4000K and around 2000 lumens)

Run time is approx 25 mins driven from 6x2V 5Ah Lead Gel cylcons and I'm looking to get the same light output, higher colour temp and increase the run time to 45mins

If there is a direct LED replacement lamp that would be perfect but I think I'll have to make up a system

So far the 'system' I'm looking at is
SST-90
'Der Wichels' shallow LED Mount
'Der Wichels' Driver 9A version
Reflector from a D maglite
Make my own heatsink to fit my bronze lamp head

Again if there's better LED option to replace the 75W 12V 50mm dircrohic lamp any help appreciated

Thanks

ljw2k

Enlightened
Not UK mate but this is where i get my led's and batteries /drivers and i think he has the WN BIN sst-90's in stock just not on his website , just pop him a quick email.
Delivery is pretty quick 2 weeks or less which is good compared to DX and the other suppliers.

http://www.lck-led.com/