RIP Jack Horkheimer

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feeling nostalgic I searched the net for Jack and found out he passed away back in August '10.

I loved his short programs on PBS, with him sitting on planets and rings explaining the wonders of space. I particularly loved the whistling theme music, lol.:)

RIP Jack and I am sure you are now drifting in the cosmos.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you, dudemar, for posting this.

Didn't know he died.

:sigh:

As an astronomy enthusiast, i often enjoyed his daily "under-5-minute" shows.

RIP Jack Horkheimer !

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, dudemar, for posting this.

Didn't know he died.

:sigh:

No problem, same here. :sigh:

Last night I caught one of the newer episodes, but Jack was replaced with a different astronomer. I was thinking back on it today and I feared the worst, so I looked him up...

I really enjoyed the way he talked, had a very friendly and funny quality to it.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Thanks for posting this, Dudemar. I didn't know that he passed either. He was so passionate about his field that his enthusiasm was infectious. I always enjoyed watching him and I even learned a few things.

RIP sir. Say hi to Carl Sagan for us.

Oh, and if you notice any unusual lights coming from earth at night, it's just us CPF members. :)

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I used to try mightily to catch his segments, which always seemed to be irregularly scheduled on the channels available to me. I always thought he had the ideal attention-getting name... and now he's up horking amongst the stars. RIP Jack!