Heads Up! Pila lights at BQM!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too Philip, all the cool toys and no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif! Oh well guess I'll have to hit Fort Knox! (At least I could afford to get my pre-order in with Arc for the AA's)

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice that they don't seem to sell Pila batteries. That's what I'm looking for. And the G3 light comes with CR123s. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Paul

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sheesh! check out the screw job on shipping. "best way" was $10, priority/first class was $12!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul, you are looking in the right place, the just don't carry them! It's a big step to have a Pila dealer in the US now anyhow, hopefully they'll carry more in the line later.

tkl, welcome back bud! The shipping has always been a screw job with them, since I placed my first order back in 1980 they have been charging commensurate shipping by price and not weight which sucks, but they do have excellent customer service. Any problem I have had in the 20 plus years of dealing with them has been solved promptly and without headache and usually garnered me a 10% off coupon on my next purchase to boot! They aren't always the cheapest either but they have good specials and usually find some good gear too!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

R983

Newly Enlightened
Very cool! I've been waiting for a phone-order company to start carying these lights. I see that the have the GL2 and GL4 but only with red LEDs. Why do you think this is, and what are all your thoughts on the red leds? At first I wanted mine with white LEDs, as with how I'd set up my Surefire A2. Now, however I'm thinking the red LEDs would be a good idea, based on the whole red not killing your night vision principle.

Rich