New To The Forums And The Tech

Dishonor39

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, first post. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've been using and collecting knives for the past 8 years or so, first few years were defined by low cost medium quality production folders (SOG, CRKT, Boker, Kershaw) and realized that I'd rather have a few nice knives than a closet full of cheaper production knives so switched to higher quality, higher cost, higher value (through durability) production knives (Emerson and ESEE almost exclusively) and since I have a knife for every occasion decided I needed to expand my torch collection. Been carrying a quality torch for about 4 years now, started with a 6P LED Defender, lost it while crawling around in a ceiling doing an install, bought another one, got a PD30 6 months ago or so, and now have a LD05 and LD10 on the way. A few more that have caught my eye, but the wife will kill me if I buy any more for the time being. I was recently reading a lot of the forums to help me make the decision between the Preon 2 or the LD05, and came across a lot of interesting tech knowledge, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for learning more about battery and charge manipulation for higher performance, as well as maybe some recommendations on how to squeeze the most performance out of my lights. When it comes to torches all I know is I like LEDs, I like CR123s, and I like artifact free light, with good battery consumption properties... basically just the obvious. I'm sure the answers are here if I look, but it seems like there are volumes of information to sift through. Any how, thanks in advance for the help.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF. Ur right about volumes of info and I encourage u to just start reading and sifting thru it.
You'll find so much good info and pics and eventually you'll find out for yourself which direction you'd like to go in. As
For me I like 4sevens brand lights and lithium ion rechargeable battery's. You can do a search for those terms and just start reading. Everything that I can probably tell u has more
Than likely already been covered some where at some point. Good luck and again welcome!

Nick