Calling all TK50 users

Lightman2

Enlightened
Ok so I did one of these on the TK40! But I have been considering one of these too as my main search light versus a maglite with drop in. Maybe the maglite will offer better performance or quality?? I really do not know. Comments and feedback appreciated by those who have a good C or D cell light or of course a TK50.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Thanks RecDNA ... I actually have read this review however most who posted here were not owners with some nights under their respective belts who could talk experience which is what I am seeking.

Duglite

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just ended my flashlight-buying fast with the purchase of one using the 4Sevens Memorial Day coupon code. It arrived when I was out of town, and I just now opened it and put in some D cells. It's broad daylight here but it still illuminates the ground. Gonna be a long wait for darkness...
I tried the low mode in a darkened room. It lights up the whole room. Nice to know I could do that for 20 days if necessary. Seems like a well-built and attractive light - not at all like the beloved but cheesy Husky 2D thrower. I'll put the Husky into a p***ing contest with the TK50 when the sun goes down. The Husky always struck me as a light I wouldn't want to have to depend on. It also always struck me as a light I wouldn't want to be struck with.

All that being said, I don't have a Mag drop-in to compare with, but the price sure seems nice for a turnkey setup. What a beautiful, perfectly round hotspot!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks RecDNA ... I actually have read this review however most who posted here were not owners with some nights under their respective belts who could talk experience which is what I am seeking.

Good luck. Hope you find a few. The review looked good to me but I agree the best evidence is from users. For example my initial impression of the TK35 from reviews was that it was spectacular (and perhaps it is). The TK41 looked even better. When I read personal experiences I lost interest. ironically, most posters said they really liked their flashlights and wouldn't send them back so I perhaps I shouldn't have concentrated so much on negatives. If I read the words "green tint" from more than one user I move on.

I haven't read anything bad about the TK50 but I have no personal experience.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Thanks again recDNA .......... here's hoping some users start to respond. My Zebra and Eagletac are good with their AA's but I need a brighter throw light and D cells would pretty much do it other than the Zebra Q50 which due to it's XML LED will not have as much throw albiet brighter overall.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

TK50 is nice and a bit thrower.
It is powered by 2 D-cells. But I'm using 4 AA-eneloops(Ni-Mh) together with 2 D-cell converters.
Because I couln't find the reliable D sized rechargeable batteries yet and those are too heavy, I prefer to use AA batteries.
The 4 enloops(2,000mAh) give about 2 hours runtime on turbo mode.

Last edited: