streamlight litebox

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of getting one of these for my birthday this year. My local utility company uses these as well as others, so they must be pretty tough. Now on the battery, can it be recharged before it runs down? like if yo use it some one day, can you recharge so that it is full charged for the next time? And can it stay on the charger for a period of time without over charging? I know on my modified halogen spot, i use 6 volt lead acis batteries with an emergency light as the charger, and i leave it hooked up all the time, can you do this with the lite box? And you have the choice of 8 or 20 watt bulbs, then flood or spot. Now i want this light for generally working on stuff, either inside in the a dark area or outside at night and using outside to spot stuff after dark. So which watt should i go with?? and would spot or flood suit me better? All ideas appreciated!!

snapper

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, which watt you go with depends on which watt works best in your situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great questions, I wish I could help. I'll be watching for answers myself.

GregR

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might pose this question to SilverFox as he and his son have experience with this light. He answered some questions about it at this CPF thread.

Mike

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can leave the Litebox always under charge. I suggest you the 8 watt spot, is the best compromise between runtime and usability.
If you decide for the flood, than the 20 W bulb is a more appropriate choice, but everything depends on the use you foresee for your Litebox... as present for your birthday, and spotting things after dark, spot is definetively better...

Anthony

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight litebox

Does anyone here know if the 20 watt Litebox bulb will fit in an UltraStinger, or do they have different base sizes?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight litebox

I just received an e-mail from Charlie Craft, Chief Engineer at Streamlight who advised that the Streamlight LiteBox bulb is both the wrong thickness and wrong spacing for the UltraStinger.