Eternal Light?

knifeguy68

Newly Enlightened
I think I have the name right. These were big several years ago. They were flat, multi-led lights that had multiple modes. You could get white LEDs or one that came with 4 or 5 different colors. I think there was also a yellow one that was water proof and if you used lithium batteries it would float.

Anybody know what I am talking about? Just looking to see if they are still made...would be an interesting novelty light for the collection.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Eternalight. I have one in a box in the garage somewhere, but I've lost track of it at the moment... well, for the last 3 or 4 years... hopefully I had lithium batteries in it.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
just be glad You dont have one, I still regret paying money for it (the yellow, waterproof one) and it was not cheap. Out of all the light I have and do own, this was for sure the one, that saw pretty no constant use at all.
From the modes it offers the adjustable strobe was a nice feature --> have running fans "stand still", or similar.
but for real use totally useless.
:rolleyes:

I really never used it too often.
1st there is the odd shape, 2nd there is the automatic come on of that light.
Somehow one doesnt even have to actually push the button, often it went into ON, just when something wiped over the outside, where the buttons are situated.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have an Elite Xray Eternalight, it is awesome. I've had at least 4 years and it's still on it's first set of batts. I don't use it much, but it runs forever, 41 days on lowest setting, and when in real darkness, it is quite bright.

I keep mine in the car. With that magnet on it, I can stick it on the side of my car on a strobe-dance mode to alert traffic in a roadside emergency.

I think a Eternalight should be in every flashaholics collection, it's something different.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno... I think I got mine for $30 or $35 used... and I used it to change a tire out in a dark country setting so I easily got my money out of it. Of course, I probably had three other lights with me or in the fan that I could have used, but I used the Eternalight.

crizyal

Enlightened
I have one, I used it quite a bit when I first purchased it (4 or 5 years ago). I pulled it out of the glove box recently and compared it to some other 5mm lights that I own. It is pretty dim by comparison. It does have some cool modes though. I like the timer and dimmer feature. It was truly way ahead of it's time. Time has caught up with it now. I will keep it for my collection, not in regular rotation.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Elite Max and like it. I had mine modded by Eternalight to install sockets for the 5mm leds, so that I can buy new ones and easily keep up to date with tech advances. It's a very cool light, and was a real forerunner in a lot of ways.

I think this is a great add for any true flashaholic collection. I would also suggest Krill lamp and Glo-toobs...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I kind of like my old Eternalight Derringer. Of course it is just 5mm LEDs, but back in the day it wasn't too bad. The many different modes is always a good thing.

Geoff

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that is 8 or 9 years old. Still use it from time to time. I usually give it to the kids to use. Great light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
I have an Elite Max and like it. I had mine modded by Eternalight to install sockets for the 5mm leds, so that I can buy new ones and easily keep up to date with tech advances.
I have one of those as well, and wish I'd done the same while the option was available. It's definitely part of my permanent collection, though not something I use every day.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two: One is stuck to my refrigerator with it's blue locator beacon on, the other I keep in my bedroom at the foot of my bed. When I travel I use it as a night light, turn it on, adjust it to one led, and then aim it towards the bathroom. Works great. Some of the features I don't need, but they were fun to play with for awhile. :)
I bought them after the hurricanes in Florida(back in the 90's), when people had no power for weeks. I wanted a light that lasted for days, not hours. I wanted a flood beam to light up a room. I wanted something that would suck the juice out of a battery. I wanted something that took an easy to find battery. Is there stuff I would change on them, sure! Like anything else I believe it could be improved, but it works for me and I am happy with them.
I also have a few Pal Lights sitting around. :)

For those of you who don't like theirs, or it is sitting in a box not being used, since they are useless and before you throw them away, I'll take them. I'll pay the postage for you to send them to me. PM me. :)

Ha ha! Shoulda known some old skool CPFers were gonna show up in this thread. :D
We are still around. Looks like I am the oldest so far. :)

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
I have a yellow marine model,still play with it now and then.I bought it new years ago,quite pricey at the time.One of my first led lights.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still enjoy a quality 5mm LED light, if it is implemented in a sound housing. It is amazing how even 5mm LEDs have progressed so much over the years!

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking: Where is your refrigerator?????

I use mine occasionally and sometimes I just play with the different blinking levels. :thumbsup:

In the kitchen, but if the power is out, everyone knows it is there blinking away. I have seven lights within reach from my spot here on the couch, but five of those I am carrying. :)

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the X1 models. I've had it for years, and have only used during the few power outages we've had. I just dug it out to see if it works. Nice light!

geisto

Newly Enlightened
The Eternalight and the Starlight shake-light were my first LED lights. The Eterna was my fav since it had all the different modes. The dazzle mode worked pretty well in clubs. :)

Problem back then was the housing wasn't exactly water-resistant. IIRC before they put a rubber gasket around the housing on the later models, they suggested you put the light in a ziplock bag for water resistance. :)