Surefire 6PX Pro 9/11 tribute

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So I stumbled upon this... ( i searched and havent seen it on here yet)

I find this thing beautiful. :hitit: I didnt really like the looks of the regular 6PX Pro, but this is hot. The 9/11 tribute part is icing on the cake. Never forget.

Has anybody else seen this yet? Old news? If not, what do you guys think?

A Surefire® Limited Edition of 1000 lights. Each is a powerful 10th Anniversary tribute to the 343 FDNY Fire Fighters who fell on 9.11.2001.

**** will donate $5 from sale on each light to the National Fallen Firefighter's Foundation (N.F.F.F.)
Boxes are individually serialized 1-1000
Bright red anodized aluminum Surefire 6PX-Pro flashlight features a special Surefire Commemorative 9/11 10th Anniversary Maltese Cross honoring the 343 FDNY Firefighters who perished that day
Represents the commitment of all America's Firefighters, and the unswerving dedication that makes 9.11.2001 a day we will never forget
Advanced dual-output LED for versatility and more runtime
New ultra-high-efficiency LED regulated to deliver 200 lumens max output for up to two hours
Low power provides ultra-long runtime up to 45 hours, at a very useful 15 lumens
New smoothly sculpted design feels more comfortable in the hand, provides a secure grip under all conditions
High-strength aerospace aluminum body; Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
Lifetime LED and micro-textured reflector produce a flawless, focused beam with powerful throw and wide, smooth peripheral spill
Length: 5.2" / Weight: 5.2 oz.
Surefire® and ****** have teamed up with National Fallen Firefighters Foundation—to support those left standing. A portion of the proceeds from these special SureFire 6PX-Pro Dual-Level lights goes directly to the National Fallen Firefighter's Foundation, a congressionally chartered organization dedicated to honoring the memory of American fire fighters…and providing much-needed support to the family they have left behind.

web.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I spotted one on eBay. They are readily available from ~~~an internet site~~~. The red finish actually has me considering buying a 6PX.

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spotted one on eBay. They are readily available from ********.com

Ouch, if this was any lesser brand of light you'd be in big trouble with the mods!:shakehead

Nice looking 6PX's though!:)

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Not trying to get in trouble. According to their site, it looks like they commissioned the run.

I'll edit...

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Awesome find, Cap'n!!! Thanks for posting! Be nice to have one of these!

I figured you of all people probably already had three!

Not trying to get in trouble. According to their site, it looks like they commissioned the run.

I'll edit...

Lol hence my "****" in the original post. That is the same place I saw it... Fairly reasonably priced actually.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll edit...

Gulp, me too...:sssh: For some reason they seem to be very touchy about naming merchants here on CPF. I've had my hand slapped before.

Fairly reasonably priced actually.

The last thing I need is yet another 6PX, I bought several at the 'introductory' price. But you're right, this is a great price for a special red fire light.:devil:

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I ordered one. If It weren't for this thread I probably would have never known it existed, that is until it was pictured in the "post you rare SureFire" thread.

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good idea and looks good too, but I don't get the $99.99 price point. If the basic 6Px is $115 now then why not charge the same and give $20 per sale to the N.F.F.F?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Well glad it was a new find and cool to hear some of you guys are adding it to your collection! I'm more into modding the lights I have than buying new ones and I gave up the shelf queen thing a while ago and only own lights that I use... This ones too pretty for me to use!

who got it ? post it your photo

I'd like to see some pics too but I doubt if anyone has one yet.

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
Captain S. - Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is a very tempting purchase, but I do not know if I want to have any shelf queens. 9/11 is very close to my heart - I worked at WTC, and that morning I was in my office, on the 97th floor of Tower 2.
Needless to say, I have lost many friends and acquaintances, and the 1rst responders (as well as many other people) were/are incredible and have my utmost respect. After the fact, I had learned that a few people that I had known lost their lives doing their duty as firemen.

Is anyone aware of any other tribute lights such as this? I think that I may have to start having 1 or two shelf queens such as this.
Thanks!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I gotta call B.S.

You either donate 'all proceeds' or you're profiting from whatever cause you are purporting to support. So they are raising 1000 x 5 = 5000 USD for the firefighters? 1000 x what = profit? Shocking, really.

Hey, AADDtion: Did you hear any secondary explosions on your way out? Just curious.

obi

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
Hey, AADDtion: Did you hear any secondary explosions on your way out? Just curious.

obi

Obijuan - yeah, it became pretty crazy. I had started walking down the stairwell immediately following the planes impact (after grabbing two young programmers who just came over from India - the PA system was saying to stay at your desk) on the first tower and was probably around the 50th floor when the second plane hit my building...at that point there was a lot of noise/shaking/etc. The police/fire/rescue people were fantastic in staying and directing people to the proper and safer ways to exit the area.

Last edited:

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone aware of any other tribute lights such as this? I think that I may have to start having 1 or two shelf queens such as this.
Thanks!

Not really shelf queenable, but Streamlight has a Red NFFF Nano which is usually under $9, I believe $2 goes to the NFFF. (edit) I just looked and they are $7.99 with $2 going to nfff.

Has anybody ever ordered from F***S****.com? Do they send shipping info etc?

Last edited:

Latest posts