Is there such a thing as a XL EDC category?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Is there already in existance an official size measurements for flashlights?

Personally I consider AAAA and AA lights "Keychain lights" and
lights like the Catapult, M30, mulitple C and D lights (I'm just befuddled as to how to classify the Maelstrom S12) larger than EDC lights.

Amongst EDC lights I consider:

Small - 1XCR123/AA
Medium - 2XAA/CR123, 1X18650's that are "tight"
Large - Lights like the Maelstrom G5/X7, Army tech predator, Lumatop TD15 etc

As I do carry a light everyday (duh!! Who here doesn't?) but I usually carry them in a SAP type pockets the typical "Large" EDC's fit really easy but I can't really comfortably carry around the big Catapult size lights. I'm looking for what I call "EDC XL" but I'm not aware of are many lights in that size category.

That size being +/- 3X123 or 2X18500; throwers with heads +/- 1 3/4" diameter like a Deree DBS.
What else is out there in that category? Are there any lights out there in that size category with multiple modes that you can decisively pick BEFORE you turn the light on such as a G5 Maelstrom or Jet beam RRT series?

I would think that they this size would be more popular as (it seems to me anyways) its the largest size/most bang for the size light you can carry around all day virtually unnoticed in SAP or military type pockets.

joe1512

Enlightened
I think everyone has their own definitions. I carry an itp A1 (soon to be a quark minix123) on my keychain. Others might feel this is too big for a keychain, whereas I might think an AA one is too long for my keychain and I prefer fatness over length.

Latest posts