How to turn on the Zebra SC51 light

Lightman2

Enlightened
So how do you use the interface on the SC51 Zebra light. I took some time to try and make it easy for those wondering.

Easiest place to start is when the light is off.
From off: Quickly press and release the button and you have high mode.
From off: Quickly double press the button to get to medium.
From off: Press and hold the button for half a second and you have low mode.

From off: Press and hold the button down and watch the light ramp through all three main modes which are (from that point) low, med and high and round again. You can take your finger off the button when you reach the desired level (low, med or high).

Whatever mode you are in (low, med, high) you have a secondary mode. So if you are in low quickly double press the button to get to the secondary low mode. If you are in medium quickly double press the button to get to the secondary medium and if you are in high quickly double press the button to get to the secondary high. Whatever mode you are in when you turn the light off will be the mode that you get when you turn the light on. So if you are in secondary med mode then when you scroll though to med or double press into med mode the light will come on in the secondary med mode.

The high has two levels of secondary mode which is either a secondary constant on or in place of that a strobe (and there is only one strobe). When you get the light it will offer high and secondary high (constant on) so you have to reset the light to get that strobe going.

This can be confusing so the best way I do it is as follows.

To set the strobe turn the light on to high mode and leave it on a second or two. Then quickly double press the button 9 times. So //,//,//,//,//,//,//,//,// then leave it a second and then turn the light off. Now when you go to high mode and double press to get secondary high it will come on in strobe.

To turn the strobe feature off: Turn the light on into high and leave it a second or two. Then double press the button 8 times, so //,//,//,//,//,//,//,// then leave it a second and then turn the light off. The light will now go back to it's shipped status which is high and secondary high (constant on not strobe).

Last edited:

Deal4

Enlightened
Thanks Lightman2 for a great explanation for the modes of the SC51!:thumbsup: I thought a long time before I bought this light and I am very glad I did!
You really made it clear for anyone who maybe questioning if this light is for them.:)
If you are riding the fence on this light, don't wait! You will love it!
Shad

Napalm

Enlightened
Rumors has it that the SC52 will have a touchpad instead of the button and you will be able to change the modes with "gestures".

Nap. :p

Lightman2

Enlightened
Yip did this because I know a few have posted saying the light is a little difficult to figure and I guess in some ways, based on the manual sheet that comes with the light, it is so I thought I would make it clearer for those who may be interested. This is my EDC light. It is great indeed and I am in for the Q50 when we see it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
lolz on the comments! haha i was gonna say also, "buy it a couple of brews first!" hahaha...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yip did this because I know a few have posted saying the light is a little difficult to figure and I guess in some ways, based on the manual sheet that comes with the light, it is so I thought I would make it clearer for those who may be interested. This is my EDC light. It is great indeed and I am in for the Q50 when we see it.
Just having some fun, and trying to be funny. I have a thing for titles and subjects, and I though the title could have been improved just a bit. I agree the instructions that come with the lights are not very clear... but since we have CPF and it has been explained quite a few times , and it's not too hard to figure out I guess I'll give them a pass on the instructions considering many lights have less than that. I'm sure those less experienced scratch their heads for a while. I didn't even read the instructions the last time, and didn't know about the strobe until I read about it on CPF. I was away from CPF and didn't follow all the small tweaks they had done to the UI. I do have the strobe setup on H2 now on my SC60w and I like it for emergencies.