Can the clip on the Jetbeam BA10 be reversed for bezel down carry ?

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Title says it all .Thanks .

I'm not positive on the BA10, but it cannot on the BC10. After looking at pics it looks just like the BC10. That 2nd ring that is smooth looks like it would hold the stock clip, but it is too narrow. However, with a small mod to the clip clamp (aka dremel) you could make it work.

1anrm

Enlightened
Yes it is possible however you will need to modify by adding a split ring inside to increase the space between the body and the tail cap. I found a key chain ring that is very close to the diameter of of the light and cut/formed it. here is a pic now I'm very happy with this light.

IMG_7869.jpg

duro

Enlightened
Nothing is needed. It's easy. Simply take off the clip and put it on opposite side of the light below the bezel. It's the same indentation as the one that it's on now.
Not that hard. Unless, I'm missing something and you are thinking of something else.

sszz

Newly Enlightened
So what is the truth here? Can this be simply done or do we have to use spacers for the tailcap?

Thanks.

Nothing is needed. It's easy. Simply take off the clip and put it on opposite side of the light below the bezel. It's the same indentation as the one that it's on now.
Not that hard. Unless, I'm missing something and you are thinking of something else.

davecroft

Enlightened
From what I have read, some can, some can't - with the clip at the tailcap end it can prevent the tailcap being screwed down fully - on some BA10's. There must be a variation in either the thickness of the clip or the threads on the tailcap as some users seem able to fit the clip without a problem. Others have to make the modification using a split ring or similar spacer to enable the tailcap to make contact when the clip is fitted at that end. Alternatively you could file down the clip.

A shame that Jetbeam didn't realise this and make a tiny modification before it went into production.

I'm getting one soon so I'll post my findings.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
thanks for letting us know. i am surprised that jetbeam didnt take care of the issue from the very beginning..

Danielight

Enlightened
I've got 2 BA10 and 2 BC10 all the clips needed to be filed before using them bezel down.
I got a BC10 for Christmas, and the first thing I checked was the pocket clip. I am able to reverse the clip on mine with no filing or modification needed at all :D.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My BC10 works in bezel down but also the RRT0 clip fits on it and works even better for deeper pocket carry.