Maelstrom S12 XML ?

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make a Maelstrom S12 sized flashlight with an XML instead of the SST-90 or SST-50 ?

I really like the size of the Maelstrom S12 but really am burned out on the SST-90 LEDs, no pun intended. I've got 26650 batteries and CR123s and would like to stay within those types but am interested if anything like this is being made now.

flashflood

Enlightened
Does anyone make a Maelstrom S12 sized flashlight with an XML instead of the SST-90 or SST-50 ?

I really like the size of the Maelstrom S12 but really am burned out on the SST-90 LEDs, no pun intended. I've got 26650 batteries and CR123s and would like to stay within those types but am interested if anything like this is being made now.

Elektrolumens Big Bruiser is a triple-XML. I measured 2300 lumens OTF. Runs on a single 26650 for about 30 minutes, then it's battery swap time. Unbelievable wall of light. Brightness is comparable to a 300W halogen bulb, though cooler (in both senses).

Options in the 700-800 lumen range include Fenix TK35 or TK45, Lumintop TD-15X, and I think Olight just released a new single XM-L U2 light at 900 lumens.

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Those are some good choices, thank you for the information.

I think the Elektrolumens Big Bruiser is a bit too big in form factor for my applications.
I'd like something closer to the size of the Maelstrom S12 in size to keep in a bag for emergency
high output light.

The Sunwayman M30R and M60 are closer as well as the EagleTac M3C4 Triple XM-L.
Though I've never been impressed with EagleTac construction... I could be wrong though.

I'd rather not go the custom route, other pans in the fire so to speak. Hopefully
Someone is making something closer to the Maelstrom S12 size. A bit bigger
is okay as long as it fits in the palm well in diameter like the 26650 bodies do.

carrot

Flashaholic
4sevens will be releasing an XM-L version of the S12 called the X10 "sometime soon". No idea how soon that is, however.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Have you seen the Zebralight SC600 XM-L 750Lm Flashlight? Uses an 18650, I know it doesn't use 26650 or cr123, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting ages for the X10 to be released as well. Thought it would come out soon after the X7 and TurboX, but still waiting :candle:

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Have you seen the Zebralight SC600 XM-L 750Lm Flashlight? Uses an 18650, I know it doesn't use 26650 or cr123, but I figured I would throw it out there.

I have seen those but none in stock when I check. Looks like a nice little light though.

Jay611j

Enlightened
I have seen those but none in stock when I check. Looks like a nice little light though.
Yeah I've been following the thread on it and a few people already have received theirs and it sounds all positive so far. They just started shipping the pre orders a few days ago, so hopefully their second shipment will be larger. I am waiting to get one until I see some reviews/beam shots of it.