Drop- in recommendations or flahlight mod ***

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. Looking for options for my SureFire G2. I have a Malkoff M61WLL in there now. What I'm looking for is a drop-in or two stage setup that will have the same or close to the same output on high with a lower low. Similar beam pattern and tint too. I don't want anything too much brighter, the Malkoff is just right for my needs.
A McC2s would be great of course but real tough to find. I generally run a 17670 most of the time, not a fan of 2 cell lights. Suggestions guys? :thumbsup:
Not super picky about the emitter type, but I like the smooth non ringy beam the Malkoff provides. XP-G is probably best.............

Erzengel

Enlightened
Hi,
do You or one of Your friends know how to operate a soldering iron? If Yes, you can buy this driver from kaidomain for rechargeables and remove two of the three 7135 chips. Then You place the driver in a drop-in of Your choice. If You want to work with two primary batteries, You have to buy this driver, remove two 7135s and modify it into a two-mode driver, following the instructions in this thread.
Then You can insert the modified driver into any existing standard drop-in for XP-G or XR-E or buy an empty drop-in and LED of your preferred tint and build Your own drop-in.
It is not difficult, but You need a powerful soldering iron to connect the driver board to the heatsink.

Latest posts