youtube

beerwax

Enlightened
today i have found youtube. i may not be the first.

i can type into 'google' 'voodoo chile slight return' or ' live made in japan' or ' rust never sleeps' and all that music that i cant play because i no longer have a stylus is just right there. i click , it plays , all while i am on CPF.

today i am transported back a half a century and am so happy i think i can feel a tear. no - too late its gone .

now to just remember all the other music .

rock n roll.

thought id share - cheers.

live rust - theres video . im going into overload . might just sit and stay awhile.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
today i have found youtube. i may not be the first.

i can type into 'google' 'voodoo chile slight return' or ' live made in japan' or ' rust never sleeps' and all that music that i cant play because i no longer have a stylus is just right there. i click , it plays , all while i am on CPF.

today i am transported back a half a century and am so happy i think i can feel a tear. no - too late its gone .

now to just remember all the other music .

rock n roll.

thought id share - cheers.

live rust - theres video . im going into overload . might just sit and stay awhile.

wtf is "google"?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
YouTube's selection is limited to what exists in video format and what other people have bothered to upload. If you want to relive music by playing it on your computer, I'd recommend a site that sells the albums digitally, like iTunes; you'll find over a million albums there, which you can preview any song from, and buy the entire album or individual songs for usually less than a dollar each. It's a free program that you download on your computer, and you can browse music as well as movies, television programs, audiobooks, and all kinds of unique digital entertainment, no special equipment or extra programs needed. Head over to iTunes.com to read what it's all about.

Also, there's Pandora Radio, which is a 100% free service that lets you create your own radio station; you just type in an artist, and it will start playing songs from that and other related artists nonstop, right from your browser and totally free. See Pandora.com for more info.

beerwax

Enlightened
thanks star. this has been the biggest day. i will let things settle for a bit then check out pandora and this i tunes thingy. i better be careful i might have a turn.
i was getting resigned to the fact that radio stations had moved past all the good music, with the few snippets they do play becoming so limited. wonder if i can find private eyes or some james gang . i appear to be in gods country. cheers .

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Bird,bird,bird ...... bird is du word ..............

Ahab , the Arab ...........

Purple People Eater .........

Martian Hop .....

Sink the Bismark .....

Yakidy-Yack ... Don't talk back ......

Brontisorous Stomp

Re-visiting your childhood is endless ...................................

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!

~

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Youtube is full of crap. It's also full of very entertaining vids. And some truly informative ones. Basically, nearly every subject you can think of is going to have at least a couple of youtube vids covering it. From fishing, to drunk teens, to 1920s Hollywood stars, etc.

Ironically, the one thing I wasn't able to find was any vids on the SureFire 9AN model. Yup, none!

So yes, even youtube doesn't cover everything.

beerwax

Enlightened
i always thought it was full of crap but the music , its all there. i been watching neil young live , from last century. all the clips i ever seen, and all the ones i never, they are all there. and then theres all the mp3 sites. you dont even need to save it in your own library, its just there on the world wide web. all praise microsoft - nah im kidding . gonna go looking for some bach and beethoven next day off.

thats 2 good things that have come to me from computers and the web. a world of torches and a great big music library.

cheers

Greta

Flashaholic
My absolute BEST find on youtube with regards to music was the original black and white video of Ike and Tina's "River Deep, Mountain High"... AWESOME! :twothumbs

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically, the one thing I wasn't able to find was any vids on the SureFire 9AN model. Yup, none!

So yes, even youtube doesn't cover everything.

I have searched youtube high and low and have never been able to find a video relating to any surefire commander, 8NX 8AX or 9AN. If you search for "surefire commander" there's a video of a guys surefire collection and inside is a green 8NX, but he never goes into any detail over it, other than that few seconds of exposure nada. Youtube is flooded with videos of leds from all manufacturers, so sad there isn't any good videos on older surefire incans that "nobody cares about anymore".

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A free YouTube account and a cellphone camera are all you'll need, it'll take you longer to shoot the video than it will to post it..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Spotify is now FREE FOR SIX MONTHS if you have a Facebook account (or you create a free Facebook account to take advantage of this deal)

If you don't know what Spotify is - it's a big music library online, they have somewhere over fifteen million songs; you pay them ~$10 a month and that gives you full unlimited access to their library. Play any song or any entire album any time you want, no limits or restrictions. New stuff, old stuff, obscure stuff, it's bigger than any record store.

Online music services like these are the way of the future, I strongly recommend trying this out now that it's free (when the free trial ends, it moves you to a free account with a ten hour limit - it will always be free unless you want the paid service.) An infinite amount of music that you can play infinitely, it's a whole new way to enjoy music..

Richub

Enlightened
I was interested in giving Spotify a try, but the forced Facebook account requirement held me off. For some reason I don't like Facebook at all, so I'll never register there. Exit Spotify for me...

Pandora isn't available in Europe at all due to copyright limitations.

Youtube indeed made me able to catch some all time classics on video again. I spend quite a lot of time browsing video's there. A nice pass time if you're bored. ;)