Worth while comparing the tk60 to the LL X21 as one regulated and the other.....

bighest

Newly Enlightened
I'm comtimplating to get one of these torches, I have use the LL x21 and its impressive but i still have to wait about 2 to 3 months till the tk60 gets to southafrica.

What are your guys thoughts?

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was me, I'd get the TK60. I have a couple of Fenix lights, and I have a Led Lenser... I'm really impressed with Fenix's lights. I have a TK35, and the XM-L emitter is really good. I'd really like a TK60 myself. You could just wait a week or so and order a TK60 from 4sevens.com, for instance, and get a candlepowerforums discount, as well as free shipping anywhere in the World.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the TK40 is 630 lumens... The TK60 is 800 lumens ANSI.... The LL X21 is claimed to be 1000 lumens, but they don't state any standards used in the measurement. I don't know that the TK60 would be much brighter than the TK40 in practice, but with 4 D cells you'd get longer life and better size for defense purposes... The TK60 will do well with NiMH batteries, but I think LL doesn't recommend their use in their flashlights. But you can focus the beam of the LL. But I guess it's your choice at the end of the day.
Fonarik hasn't got a test up for the TK60 yet, but the TK35 is about the closest comparison in terms of emitter and output. Although the beam focus is a little different. See fonarik.com
mn6QrT

Edit: actually the TK41 would have been a better light to use in place of the TK60 for the comparison, as it has pretty much the same head as the TK60. Oh well.

Last edited:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the Fenix. Yes, it will be brighter than the TK40 by quite a bit. It is a much better light than the LL.

bighest

Newly Enlightened
I did a head to head with the TK60 and a friends LL X21. I did it in a open space over 200 meters.

The X21 is "slightly" brighter with a whiter tint and has a wee bit better throw. for me I am happy with the TK60 i run mine on 3D cells making the size alot smaller to the X21 and its regualated which for me is the main reason its the better buy.

sorry no pics.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you like your new light. Thanks for the update. The TK60 is a higher quality light (as I'm sure you know). Is it as big of a step up from your TK40 as you thought?

Last edited:

rona

Newly Enlightened
Get the Fenix. Yes, it will be brighter than the TK40 by quite a bit. It is a much better light than the LL.​

Latest posts