Jetbeam BC40 - Switch rattle when light turned on?

dero

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, had my Jetbeam BC40 for about a day and I'm very happy with it so far. I just noticed, however, that when the light switch is clicked on, the switch makes a rattle noise when I shake the light around a bit. It doesn't make the noise when the light is turned off.

I'm just wondering if other BC40 owners experience the same thing? I'm guessing it's pretty common in a lot of flashlights.

oronocova

Enlightened
Just tried mine and it is tight. No rattle when on or off. You might try tightening the switch up inside the tail cap if possible or contact your dealer. You might be able to just swap out tail caps or something.

dero

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply!

I need to get a pair of needle nose pliers to try and tighten up the tailcap, I'm not sure what else I could use?

dero

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, borrowed a pair of needle nose pliers, but there wasn't much movement to tighten up and the noise is still there when the light is turned on.

I just sent a message to the dealer (light junction) to see if this was unusual.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI you have nothing to worried about it's just the design of the switch.
I just tested my BC-40 and yes the switch rattles if you shake it when it is on but so does my BC-10, BC-20,BA20,RRT-0 ,M1X, & M2S :eek:

I would have never know if I had not read this thread. Just stop shaking your lights :p

cheers