took apart my L4 switch, LitFuse to the rescue

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the post about taking the washer out of the 123 battery and using it as the spacer washer in the L4 clickie and thought I'm pretty good putting stuff back together that I've taken apart, except when I took apart the switch cover I thought I was going to simply separate the switch in half and place in the washer. Well, just when I thought things were going pretty well, the rest of the switch fell apart in my hand and I have no clue how it goes back together again, and this is my favorite light, any cut away drawings of how this thing goes together or any ideas anyone?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: took apart my L4 switch, I messed up

I don't want to type it out, but I will be happy to talk you through it on the phone. Send me a PM if interested.

Peter

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hope this helps Keith.

Peter

faf930b3.jpg

faf930af.jpg

faf930ab.jpg

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not Keith but I must say it was very nice of you to post these pics. I imagine that more than one person will experience the disturbing "where did all these little parts come from?" moment.

I can definitely relate to your pain, Keith.

Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened

I too can relate.

I worked for four years as a camera repairman...
two on the bench /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
and two on the floor./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

David <><

Tomas

Banned

heheheheh ...

Damn! I can relate to that, too.

Rev David, I, too, spent years working on camera gear (hand held on up through SR-71B) and never did find some of those parts even in what was essentially a 'sterile lab' environment.

They're really good at hiding ...

Good pics, Litfuse. A lot of folks can probably use those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

T_sig6.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wasn't that nice of LitFuse to come to my aid and any other cpf'ers having a problem trying to get the L4 clickie back together. Since this thread is about fixing the L4 clickie I might as well mention that the washer obtained from a tekcell battery did not fit the clickie, but the surefire washer from the negative end of the 123 battery did. Thanks again for making it possible for me to get my edc back together again. LitFuse even helped talk me through this on the phone, nice guy is he.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your welcome Keith, I'm glad you got it all back together OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You may want to consider taking it apart again to add the electrical resistance fix though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Without it you are likely giving up a small amount of runtime due to excess electrical resistance in the switch.

I will link the exploded Z57 pics to the original Z57 repair thread as a reference for anyone else who runs into trouble with reassembly.

Peter

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened

Hey! Other old guys! Did that photo make you think of the bolt carrier assembly on an M16? It did that to me. Kind of a "miniature flash-back". Remember those "bent neck" flashlights that the tunnel rats got? (I forgot the number. Two "D" cells.)

Will
P.S. Do you ever think about it?

gregw45

Newly Enlightened

Excellent photos Peter!

This one's for Kentucky Rifle
Ah, good times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

faf7f0a1.jpg