Anyone seen (or heard of) a Fenix PD31 (or similar) with XM-L?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I was thinking of trying to find a PD31. I love the small form factor and that it takes a 18650 battery. But I believe the light is discontinued, and hard to find. And I'd prefer a XM-L emitter anyway........

Just curious if anyone knows - is Fenix maybe coming out with a new version of this light with XM-L emitter?

thanks

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tk21 is the smallest XML offered by Fenix right now.
The Zebralight sc600 is shorter than the pd30 and runs an XML

If the pd30 or pd31 came out with XML, I'd get one :D

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600. There is a 22 page thread (and counting) about it. just over 4" long, XML, 750 lumens, long run times, great UI.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600. There is a 22 page thread (and counting) about it. just over 4" long, XML, 750 lumens, long run times, great UI.

Yes, the SC600 is short, but it's kinda thick at 1.2". I want to use a new light for EDC, and that extra thickness makes it a little more difficult to EDC than my Quark 123*2 Tactical.

thanks

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Thrunite Neutron 2c is nice but it's longer than the Quark 123x2 tac
The years not over, hopefully there will be a couple more XML 18650 lights coming out.
I'd also like to see a nitecore ife2 come out with an XML ;)

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Just curious if anyone knows - is Fenix maybe coming out with a new version of this light with XM-L emitter?

thanks
Apparently, they came out with a second run of the light with a black clip. The XP-G R5 emitter remains.

I too would love an XM-L version. I would be very floody, but I'm fine with that.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
im awaiting for info on armytek's new EDC model. they are suppose to release info on it this month.

supposely.... it takes a 18650, and will be pushing a XM-L at 3 amps, with a programmable interface.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
There's not many XM-L powered ultra compact 18650 lights yet. The only ones besides the Zebralight I can think of are low budget lights that is some what of a lottery on the quality. These are the Yezl Z1X which there is a thread about in the marketplace. Its sold by Cnqualitygoods. And the Uniquefire UF-2100 which is sold at Manafont. Otherwise, if you are into modding, you can always buy a cheap hk light like a ultrafire TR-801 and just use it as a host to make your own XM-L light. Shiningbeam has the necessary drivers and emitters and you could probably find some place with different tailswitches as well. All that will still cost you less than $35 but possibly some sweat and tears.

Otherwise, you need to be patient for more manufacturers to come out with lights in this form factor. There will be some coming, but its hard to say how long it will be.

Kelvino

Newly Enlightened
You should check the Lumintop ED 20 that could be the light you are looking for.

I can't compare the ED 20 to the PD 31 as I still haven't received my Fenix PD31, but I already used the ED 20 for a night geocaching and it served me well with it's 3 light modes and its great flood. I'm not sure anymore if I will keep the PD 31 once it arrives.

palimpsest

Newly Enlightened
Budget light, no clip, only 1A on high, shiningbeam S-mini XM-L T6

smini02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts