Just received my Surefire M3LT. 800 lumens! Up from 400

HighEndLights

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm new to candle power forums. I've been into flashlights for a couple of years. This year I decided to get a high power light, the Surefire M3LT. It came yesterday, instead of 400 lumens, it now comes with 800! It's awesome! Can't wait to use it.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
800 you say? I feel kinda like the guy who bought a V8 and then found out about the V16 that came out six months later. But I did get a deal on mine so....

TF2

Newly Enlightened
i was just googling about this because i noticed my box too! awesome!
m3lt.jpg

Retinator

Enlightened
OMG what a bump upwards!

I've been thinking with my job doing better (more hrs+ more extras), I may just start putting away for one of these.
But I also want an A2L in green....not doing THAT much better yet lol

Incredible that they kept the runtime with that output level.
I hope they start really pumping out the big guns this year, even if I can't afford them :)

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
could be a sst50, which i think is whats going in the M6LT based on the candela rating (31,000 opposed the the new fenix XM-l lights that are rated over 50,000 candela) and the runtime of 1 hour and 20 minutes at 800 lumens. a xm-l would have a higher candela rating and a longer runtime at that output.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Why would they go with a more expensive, less efficient, shorter throwing emitter?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would they go with a more expensive, less efficient, shorter throwing emitter?

Because it is a Surefire - if it is not expensive, it is not a Surefire.

Seriously though, if somebody can take a pic of the emitter and post it, we can easily see the difference between and SST-50 and an XML.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

It has nothing to do with being a "throwing emitter". The LED is behind a TIR and Fresnel lens. Currently they use a Cree MC-E... that's not a "throwing emitter" either.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because it is a Surefire - if it is not expensive, it is not a Surefire.

Seriously though, if somebody can take a pic of the emitter and post it, we can easily see the difference between and SST-50 and an XML.

I'll have my UB3T in a few days so I'll be able to update people with what emitter is being used in it, and one would assume it will be the same as the updated M3LT.

DivineStrike

Newly Enlightened
good to see surefire is truly upgrading their lights finally, still too expensive though.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did this turn into a Surefire bashing thread??

If they are too expensive, don't buy them. Stop beating the dead horse! :dedhorse::dedhorse: