How do I buy a Peak?

easilyled

Flashaholic

I agree with uknewbie that its very difficult for us Europeans to buy Peak lights.

RMSK is the US site that uknewbie was referring to that doesn't ship outside the US, so there isn't much point in speaking to them.

I have PM'd Curt (from Peak) on CPF in the past without much luck.

It seems that the only way that might produce results is to actually ring Peak on the telephone and they are then a little bit more responsive.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's almost like you need a bit of luck ordering one from Peak when you do live in the US nevermind outside of the US which I would think would be near impossible or would take a good part of 6 months to a year.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Peak will be forever cursed with bad website designs. They have had crap sites at least 2 that I know of and the RMSK site is pretty outdated and lame. Bob is a good guy so best to deal with him or Curt if you can get through.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Peak does not answer their phone or reply to email. I've been down that road. It looks like if you want a Peak and are outside the US, your only option is to buy one used in the market place.

Here is the post where Curt from Peak explains why they don't take phone calls.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ing-Peak-LED&p=3664383&viewfull=1#post3664383

Things have obviously changed then from when I phoned them and ordered 2 Brass Logans about a year ago.
Even then it was a struggle. :(

choombak

Enlightened
RMSK is hopeless as far as outside US shipping goes, and orthodox enough to not have the patience to work with an international deal - speaking from experience. Your best option is to email Robyn, their President. In my previous dealings, I got a fairly quick reply from her - a couple of days, and maybe one reminder. Peak will ship the light directly to you via USPS Priority, but please be patient, and ready to wait. They are not a dealer who advertise "shipping in 24 hrs", but rather an old fashioned shop, which takes time. I have PM'ed you Robyn's email. Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, RMSK have a big notice on their delivery page saying they do not ship outside the US. Why, I wonder? Seems pointless to me to turn away sales. Even this site looks a terrible mess and they only sell very few of the options available.

I have been on the Peak website directly, which does nto appear to be anything like up to date, and have emailed with no joy.

I just want a good quality 1 x 14500 light that is as bright as I can muster, any other options if I cannot buy a Peak?

they probably dont want any shipped to china so it can be copied...