Is there a XM-L Light that will work with li-on AA aka 14500 cell?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Im looking for a Keychain light that will work with IMR 14500 cell, but I want it to be an XM-L variant.

The lumens are irrelevant, since I will probably Direct Drive it anyways.:eek:

Thanks,
bigC

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xeno E03 now has the xm-l inside! And it is regulated.

Also the Thrunite Neutron 1A.

However, both are big enough that I wouldn't really consider them keychain lights. They are really more pocket sized EDC lights.

There aren't any really tiny keychain sized XML AA/14500 lights yet. If you want something for your keychain with XML your best bet is probably the Quark mini-X 123. Runs on a CR123/16340 battery though.

Either that or buy your own emitter/driver and then upgrade the light of your choice to XML.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks folks,

Well, then to make it smaller it would probably have to be a Twistie on/off.

yes, the Quark mini-X 123 does fit the bill too but I rather have it thinner. I would go with an AAA cell and XM-L type, but I need to use IMR type of cells that can handle 3~4A and I dont think AAA IMR or Li-ons that take that much juice are readily available.

bigC

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
None of the cheap DX types fits the ultra small category. The only small DX type lights with XM-L are the super compact 18650 lights which will still be too big. No HK dealer lights have come out in an AA or AAA format with XM-L as of now. You'd have to mod something yourself for anything else. Only small light mod I've seen thus far was with an ITP A1 but that is the exact same size as the MiniX. Right now, the E03 at 97 mm x 22mm is about as small as you will find with an XM-L unless you go with the MiniX which as you say is a bit wide. Miles at Xtar says they are working at getting an XM-L in one of their EDC's but it is unclear what that will entail and how long it may be or if they will give up before it comes to market.

Last edited:

royi kien

Newly Enlightened
SPARK SL5-220CW SL5-190NW, support AA and 14500 ,Just like SL6, both digital switch

Latest posts