Sunwayman T20C vs Olight M21???

yliu

Enlightened
I have a Fenix TK12 R5, think it has the perfect size for what I am looking for.

So now, I want a flashlight around the same size but with more output and it should throw at least as well as the TK12 R5. After some research I came down to the Sunwayman T20C (XM-L T6) and the Olight Warrior M21 (SST-50).

I read that the M21 is not a good thrower, that could be deal breaker.

I also couldn't find reviews comparing these 2 lights output wise, because I think that the M21 is not brighter than the T20C since XM-L is more efficient than the SST-50.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for a large emitter thrower (XM-L, SST-50, SST-90, MC-E), you are going to have to look for lights that have larger reflector than a pocketable light like TK12.

Step down to XP-G and you will have some smaller lights that are capable of throwing an enormous distance. My recommendations are ArmyTek Predator and Lumintop TD-15. They are only slightly larger than TK12 and throw beams well over 200 meters.

yliu

Enlightened
If you are looking for a large emitter thrower (XM-L, SST-50, SST-90, MC-E), you are going to have to look for lights that have larger reflector than a pocketable light like TK12.

I don't know if the TK12 is considered as a thrower or not but I don't need a thrower like the Thrunite Catapult or TK30.

The TK12's throw distance is enough for me, about 150 meters. I just wanted a more powerful, more floody light than the TK12 R5 so that the more output compensate for the throw distance.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then EagleTac T20C2 MkII with the XM-L module should do the trick. In addition to wider beam angle and increased overall brightness, you will get slightly more throw