V10R Ti control ring issues

AaronG

Enlightened
Hey guys,

So I've had my V10R Ti for about 4 weeks now. The control ring feels kinda sticky and inconsistant. I thought at first that it was probably the grease under the ring not being dispersed properly. At times it's very smooth, but it always seems to go back to the sticky inconsistency.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I love the light but I really hate the feel of the ring. Also is this the same with the nitecore and Jetbeam offerings?

Thanks,

Aaron

mrlysle

Enlightened
My V10R Ti still has the buttery smooth feel it had when I first got it. There's a thread somewhere about taking the head apart. It can be difficult depending on how much thread locker they put on it. Do a search for "emitter change" or something like that for the V10R. I just can't remember who posted it, and what the title was. I also have the Nitecore IFE1 and IFE2, but they have a different feel to the ring than the V10R does. And they turn a lot farther also. The only Jetbeam I have is an older RRT-0 with the 4 position ring, and it has detents at the various brightness levels. there's a special grease like is used in camera lenses you could put in your V10R if you can get it apart. Hopefully smeone else here will know where that thread is on taking it apart. Sorry I couldn't be more help.