Holster for Law Enforcement - Fenix TK-35

JohnF

Enlightened
I bought a LEO relative a TK-35 (he works mostly graveyards for a rural police department). He absolutely loves it, and wants to belt-carry it. However the department has rules that say any holster on the belt has to be black basketweave. Of course, the holster that comes with it is lightweight nylon, so that is out.

Any idea where to look for black leather holsters that might fit this light? It's been 30 years since doing any leather work, but still have some tools laying around, but I'd rather buy one if possible.

Thanks for any help,

John F

houtex

Enlightened
It's all about a look of uniformity. Changes to a unifrom are hard to make cuz all the new guys are always "all for it" and the old heads are "it's worked this long,why change it". My dept. still uses that shiney stuff for our duty belts. gross.

I used the holster that came with the light but opened it up a bit and made it bezel down carry. The only thing I can imagine would work might be a pepper spray holster. might. Good luck.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet CPF member Hogokansatsukan could make just what you need. Who better than a flashaholic, LEO, leather holster craftsman to go to for something like this?. He works under the name Thor's Hammer Custom Leather.

Last edited:

Mike Grasso

Newly Enlightened
If the custom maker doesn't work out, try either a Baton Holder or a OC Gas Holder. Both could be modified with the bottom removed to hold a flashlight as large as a tk35, normally you would just slide it into your "sap' pocket.

Mike