Dereelight C2H Quality/durability?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all...

I'm interested in getting a couple of bug-out bag lights, and want the maximum versatility for them.

From the research I've done, it seems like the C2H is the best value for the money. From what I've been able to learn, it can run on either 1xAA, 1x14500, 1xCR123, and 1xRCR123. It also looks like there is an optional 2xAA body available for it as well.

Anyone have this light and can you share your experiences with it? I'm strongly leaning toward this one because it's half the price of an RRT-0 and is also available in a neutral XPE.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a neutral XPE and it's a nice throwy little light using the smooth reflector. I have both and tend to like the smooth because of the personality it gives the light.

It's got some annoyingly sharp corners to the body that make me want to leave it at home instead of EDC. I've used it on and off for a while and no issues so far.

copperfox

Enlightened
I can't speak to the quality of the head/electronics, since I only have the C2H body (which I used to lego together with some javelin heads). The two C2H bodies I have had somewhat unreliable clickies. But just recently I bought some replacement switches from flashlightconnection, and those have been reliable. The replacement switches have silver colored contact rings on the PCB, where the older clickies had gold colored contact rings. The body itself is very smooth and sometimes hard to grip. The clip is very firm. The clip can be pulled out of the body using pliers, but you cannot reinstall it. And EngrPaul is correct, there are some sharp-ish corners near the switch.

jager22

Newly Enlightened
got lots of lights, and this one is still one of my favorites. Its been clipped to my pocket, in the ditch, during crappy S.E. AK weather for 2 years now and never skipped a beat. My favorite clip design. Output always impresses the non flashoholics at work also.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info... It seems like the best option since I can Lego it with the Javelin head and body. I would be considering Quarks too, but they don't have any current neutral offerings while Dereelight does. It'd be nice if I could get an option that also has 123 compatibility, but that's a luxury I can live without for this purpose.

Now, I just have to convince my wife we 'need' a couple more lights in the house! :eek:

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
i have one that i use with the javelin head. its a decent body the only thing is the switch is very recessed. its hard to get your thumb in there to turn it on. other than that its fine. but thats a pretty annoying problem