Oh Happy Day

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out shopping with the family today and the grocery stores lights went out. Total darkness and they let us keep shopping. You know what this guy was saying in his mind...YES! Whipped out the HDS Rotary and what do you know the first time in forever, my wife says..."You got one for me too?" Happy day, happy day. I give her the ZL SC-60 and we have about 20 beautiful minutes that I finally get to feel justified for carrying several lights...Even in the day time. Not only did it feel good, it was fun. I was actually sad when the lights came back on.

KLowD9x

Banned
Got some nasty weather up your way too, eh?

I had a transformer explode in my area a couple of weeks ago during a bad storm. I had the road lit up with the Stanley HID and a guy walking by asked me if he could run his internet off of my light. haha

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
A couple of months ago a bad storm knocked the power out for a few hours one evening. Several neighbors were gathered together outside in a small group and all had flashlights. I grabbed my Olight M20S R5 and joined in. A couple of the guys were flashing their KMart/Target/Big 5 super-duper LED flashlights around with each one saying how much brighter theirs was compared to the other guy's light. I couldn't resist as one guy was aiming his KMart special back towards his house which was maybe 150 yards off in the dark. It barely lit up enough to see the outline of it. I turned my Olight on and commenced to not only completely cover up his beam but also light up the entire front side of his house. Some "shock & awe" went on for several minutes until everyone came back to their senses and started asking about the Olight. Now that was one neat experience that just goes to prove that you can buy cheap but you only get what you pay for. I am awaiting delivery now of my newest acquisition, an Olight SR51. 900 lumens OTF!!! I can hardly wait to have the power go out again and this time do battle with a couple of M20's that I believe two of my neighbors went out and bought. Oh the fun of it all.............:laughing:

Beam me up Scotty.............Terry:D

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great stories! If I'd been there, I would have turned on whatever super bright light I'd had on hand on low, and played with it for a few minutes. Then, I'd innocently ask the other fellas to "wrap things up" and put their lights on high as well. I'd turn the light on full blast, and just soak in that feeling. :devil:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice!!! heheh

my light has come in handy during broad daylight all the time... usually for roadside inspections.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nothing better (well, maybe some things are) than those rare occasions when you really need that light in your pocket, and there's someone with you that needs it too. I'm jealous, Rob.

Geoff

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Out shopping with the family today and the grocery stores lights went out. Total darkness and they let us keep shopping. You know what this guy was saying in his mind...YES! Whipped out the HDS Rotary and what do you know the first time in forever, my wife says..."You got one for me too?" Happy day, happy day. I give her the ZL SC-60 and we have about 20 beautiful minutes that I finally get to feel justified for carrying several lights...Even in the day time. Not only did it feel good, it was fun. I was actually sad when the lights came back on.

hahaha cool story!!! hahaha were bunch of geeks!! i myself is still waiting for something like your experience. should i start carying the SR90? LOL...