New Lanyard Designs W/Pics-Continued

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
CL-basic.jpg

This basic neck lanyard is made using Camo Paracord. I think I like it better than the grey, or OD green.

CL-big.jpg

Here are two recent developments; each using slightly different hardware. These lanyards use the Camo Paracord and SS Bead Chain. That seems to be working out pretty well now that the technique for trapping the beads inside the cord has been worked-out. Both lanyards use soft tubing to join the bead chain behind the neck. This becomes a break-a-way safety link.

CL-details1.jpg

Although the image is a bit fuzzy, here is a close-up showing the two sets of hardware. The lanyard on the left uses a very high quality, SPRO Heavy Duty, 150# rated, swivel and two small split rings. The lanyard on the right is rigged with a SS wire snap hook.

edc-1.jpg

Here are two more developments: a "Swivel-Chain Neck Lanyard" and a "Pocket Lanyard" , or "Light Fob" (pick one).

edc-3.jpg

The Swivel Chain is made using the Camo Paracord/SS Bead Chain lanyard. It also features two chrome Bolo Beads. Lastly, the fine, kink-free SS chain attaches to a SPRO swivel and two SS split rings. Ten (10) parts are used to make up this lanyard; not counting the Sonic-G light itself. Special thanks to McGizmo for the cool SS chain and the guiding light he emmits in general /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

edc-2.jpg

Here is the Pocket Lanyard. Having a short lanyard on a light carried in your pants pocket helps when digging it out from behind all of the loose change and other EDC debris. The short lanyard also aides in gripping the light during use. This lanyard used a SS snap clip, the camo paracord, a chrome Bolo Bead and black snubbers.

Lanyard making to be continued....I welcome your comments. Thanks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool stuff A-6! I *do* like swivels and that is a nice touch on the chain! Colored ID rings on the lights is really a good idea to. I need to incoporate that idea with some of my stuff!

- Don

pahl

Enlightened
I like them a lot.
I like to use my E1e on a Lanyard well fishing.
Were did you get the larger snap?
That type of snap looks much nicer then the type surefire uses.
I think I may have seen them type of snaps in the bait stores.

How are you joining the Camo Paracord and SS Bead Chain?

Great idea, very nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Atom...

Does the ball chain run all the way threw the cord?
If not, then how are you connecting them?
I am thinking of making up some lanyards, but I am not sure how I want to do it, and what materials to use yet.
I have a good source for paracord. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pahl said:
Were did you get the larger snap? How are you joining the Camo Paracord and SS Bead Chain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks fellows :
1) The snap is a Luhr Jenson Snap. Very common in tackle stores and it is a very stiff, matte finish SS wire clip.

Pahl & Jtice:

2) The bead Chain is joined thermally and physically trapped. I use a 6-bead link in each pre-cut, flared, cinged, paracord end. I hold the chain in a tool and force three beads from the opposite side into the hollow cord (remove all inner strands). Then heat cord precisely at the third bead with open flame while turning the cord evenly. When the paracord over the third bead melts, remove flame and then trim away molten nylon from between 2nd and third bead. Now you have two beads trapped inside the cord. Play with it and you will see....

Good luck and thanks for the comments.

onelight

Enlightened
My wife sends you her sincere thanks.Because in the 2 days I spent getting the chain through the para cord I ordered no flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
OneLight-That is funny. I gave up putting full-length chains through the paracord. It makes the lanyard heavy and also is a PITA to do; especially with nice big bead chain.

So try the 6-bead links thermally staked into just the ends of the paracord. That makes a nice looking lanyard that is lightweight.

onelight

Enlightened
I will try that,sounds like another good idea. O and thanks for showing us the lanyards...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

NewsFlash

Enlightened
No doubt many of you know Atomic6 was the winner in the KL1 giveaway last month in B/S/T~Lights. After he received the KL1 he informed me that "one good turn deserves another-check your mail this week-incoming!".

What do I find in the mail today (10/3) but one of his custom lanyards! It is almost identical to the lanyard with the Sonic-G, having 1 blue bead. Very nice!

What a great guy! I was needing a lanyard for my E2O with MNO3 for shirt pocket carry security. Hope to try it out soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
Nicelydone Atomic6
I'm gonna try this after Iget a source for the camo paracord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom