Flashlight Engraving

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Father's day is coming up, and I'd like to be able to give my wife a few ideas...

Does anybody know where I could get a flashlight engraved? I ran a few searches and found that 4sevens will do laser engraving on 4sevens brand lights, but that's all I've found. Do you know of any other options for engraving available out there?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I'm not really interested in a surefire or a mag light. :)

Last edited:

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
Grab a phone book and call your local jeweler, most have the tools and skill to engrave

Of course do your homework, aka call a few and talk to the guy who will be doing the actual work, to get an idea of their experience and price, then choose the best

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Things Remembered" is a store in a local shopping mall which will engrave items you bring in and they sell items they can engrave. Perhaps there is a similar store in your area.

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the thread links. Unfortunately, I already found and read those in the time I spent searching the forms yesterday. I'm not sure if you read through them, but the summary of them (and the many others I read) is that 4sevens will engrave 4sevens brand lights, surefire sometimes will engrave surefire lights, and there are a few CPFers who will engrave mag lights. Also, a few people have taken lights to local jewelers and most of the stories I read, they were disappointed in the quality of the work the local jeweler was able to do.

Most of the threads I found on engraving were a few years old, so I was hoping by starting this thread that I might be able to get some more options that might have come up recently.

In one of the threads you linked to, I found a reference to a site called lazerdisigns.com that I missed earlier, so thanks for posting that. I've checked out that site a bit, and it looks promising. :twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
Yes, those are old threads, so your new thread is a very valid one and should be a good addition to the list.

I'm sure there will be other members who will be interested in having lights engraved; it's been a while since anything new came up on this. Let us know what you find. :)

paddling_man

Newly Enlightened
Look in phone book under "Trophys, medals, and awards".

Though exercise caution. I purchased several Inox SAKs to have engraved with initials as gifts. I took them to a local "trophy/award" place and they slaughtered them. Basically, it looked like the engraving bit had been bouncing around on the metal surface, ripping up the anodization. I was none too happy and we went back-and-forth until I prevailed.

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
The local shops will all be different, that's why you must do your homework.

Call them and talk to the actual person who will engrave, tell them what you have and what you expect.

Some places will not care, some will not know how, and some will know exactly what to do.

This applies to all custom work, from construction to dentistry make sure you both understand what is wanted!

If you are still concerned ask for a sample on a beater light of the same material.

Bottom line, yes you can get amazing engraving, most likely locally, but you will have to put some effort in to selecting who does it.

Please share some pics when all is said and done :)