Beam Shot for Modded Lumintop L1A with XML U2 vs ITP A6 polestar MCE

njet212

Enlightened
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

Few weeks ago I have dead Lumintop L1A the 5 mode version, in fact this Lumintop L1A is self queen, never use it and abuse it. Generally if i have 1 brand fail on me on such condition, i would not trust them anymore but that's another story. Let's get to the business :devil:'

I never bother my self to mess with broken flashlight, so i send it to a guy i know here in local flashlight forum to fix my broken L1A. Got it few days ago and the output really amazing.

The older version ( before i mod it ) it was using XPG R5, 5 mode L-M-H-Strobe-SOS with memory, twist the head to change the mode and support Alkalines, Nimh and 14500. The modded version comes with XML U2, 3 mode L-M-H with memory, brightness selection via tail switch, only support 14500.

Beam Shot

Lumintop L1A XML on the left, ITP A6 polestar on the right

IMG_1543.jpg

Just like i expected Lumintop L1A has flood light, as we can see on the wall shot photos Lumintop L1A has very big hot spot and small side spill compared with ITP A6 polestar with tight hot spot and larger side spill.

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

From picture above, Lumintop L1A has slightly brighter output compared with ITP A6 ( manufacture rated 700 lumen high ). I was using AW 14500 and Current draw on high mode is ~1.7A

Issue

The issue i found so far on L1A is, the flashlight was shut down by it self on high mode ( only could run for 8 min 10 sec on high mode ). This is happened because the LED produce too much heat on high mode and the L1A head is not big enough to handle such heat. The high mode on L1A should only use on burst mode, with using it in that way you would not risk the LED and the driver.

Overall, i'm very happy with new "face" of my L1A :D

HB021

Newly Enlightened
Slightly brighter? It looks a lot brighter to me! Reading from iPhone but still...
Nice review anyway!