• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Custom ROP silver mag host with "finned" head

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened
I originally posted this in the marketplace, but it probably makes more sense over here.

rop1.gif

By theamazingrando
ropface.gif

By theamazingrando
roppack.gif

By theamazingrando

Custom Mag ROP with finned head and A cell battery pack: $110 --Now $85 shipped --sold to DrSwiger

I bought this on the cpfmp a few years back. I do not know the maker (cmacclel used to make a similar light, but I do not believe this is one of his). This is a custom shortened tri-bored mag body that is a little shorter than a 2D, I think. The head has a custom PR socket and the tail has a custom soft spring. It has a UCL and an orange peel reflector. The pack is an FM (I believe) battery holder with 6 CBP 2100mAh A cells (with a few scuffs to the cell wrappers). The A cells sag less than AAs and really support the Pelican lamp. This is the brightest ROP I have used. Includes a Titanium smart pack charger with cradle.

This is a great classic hotwire. It's still a very useful light, but I bought a PhDM6 pack, and it has supplanted the ROP for my affections.

Post I'll take it if you want the light. Price includes PayPal fees and Priority Mail shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Siliconti

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom ROP silver mag host with "finned" head

What are you getting for run time with this setup?

I'd love to build an ROP, but this really interests me.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe that is indeed one of mine. In fact I still have 5 or so of those chargers left and a bunch of those battery holder :) $85 is a smoking deal as just the host from any of use modders would be

$20 Host
$25 Cut-Thread
$25 Finn Head
$20 Tri-Bore

Nevermind the $40 battery holder $25 charger $30 Bi-pin adapter...... Smoking Deal!

DrSwiger

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened

I couldn't get any interest for this over at the marketplace. Had I known it was one of Mac's I could have marketed it better. :)

DrSwiger

Newly Enlightened

PP sent

theamazingrando

Newly Enlightened

It found a good home in just hours. Thanks CPF!