My P1D-CE died today, any recommendations for replacement?

Noct

Newly Enlightened
After about I want to say a few years of good solid flashlight use, my Fenix P1D-CE died today. Is there anything in particular that you guys could recommend? I'm partial to Fenix if at all possible. :) Thanks guys.

Edit: I would prefer if it was the same exact size with the same exact output although I'd consider it if it gave even more output. Price is not a concern.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I'd go for a Quark MiNi 123. Consider it the successor to the P1D-CE: a little smaller, a bit brighter, and best yet, compatible with RCR123s.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noct,
Have you tried tightening the internal tailcap switch assembly ring with a pair of needle-nose pliers? Those things tend to loosen up. My L2D quit working awhile ago, and when I e-mailed Fenix, tightening that internal ring was the first suggestion they made, which fixed it.

Also, you can still find these in stock on the web. Both brightguys.com and knifeworks.com appear to have it, and I didn't go past the first page of search results.

Last edited:

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
The Quark 123 is a good suggestion. It works just I just bought a Regular Quark AA and love it. Moonlight mode is awesome and output on turbo is impressive. I run it on a Li-ion 14500(it is rated up to 4.2v), I am not sure what the output is on turbo but I believe it is over 200 lumens. People that know more about this than I do say the 14500 tends to carry more energy than rcr123's and with the AA I also like that I can use alkalines in a pinch and it will still be over 100 lumens. AA's are easy to come by where primary cr123 are not so readily available. I also chose the AA because I thought the cr123 body made the light too small for my hand. Those were just my considerations for choosing the AA. I hope you find them relevent. The 123 is the same light with a different battery.

I am also a fan of the mini quarks but though they may work on li-ions I am pretty sure it is not recommended. They are also a twisty UI so that is a little bit different than what you are used to.

As far as 4sevens I have been very happy with their lights AND customer service. (I also have a Fenix PD31 that I love and recommend.) They ship super fast and their lights come with a 10 year warranty vs. Fenix's 2 year. They have been very helpful and completely resolved the problems I have had(Fenix Outfitters has also been great with CS but you seem more familiar with Fenix). Also 4sevens is an American company and I like that.

Hope I helped!:sssh:

bla2000

Enlightened
Noct,
Have you tried tightening the internal tailcap switch assembly ring with a pair of needle-nose pliers?

That is good advice in most cases but the P1D is a twisty. There is no tailcap to tighten. Just a spring in the bottom of the tube.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
After about I want to say a few years of good solid flashlight use, my Fenix P1D-CE died today. Is there anything in particular that you guys could recommend? I'm partial to Fenix if at all possible. :) Thanks guys.

Edit: I would prefer if it was the same exact size with the same exact output although I'd consider it if it gave even more output. Price is not a concern.
I just got rid of a black P1D yesterday but still have one left if you're interested in an XR-E Q5 in natural. :)