• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nitecore IFE2 drop-in glow mod (may fit other nitecore XP-G lights also)

CKOD

Enlightened
I wanted to do a glow-in-the-dark mod on my IFE 2, but the design of it makes it not as simple as dropping in some GITD epoxy. The centering piece aligns the emitter and provides pressure to hold it against the heatsink, so you cant just get rid of that. Rather then drilling it out, and epoxying it in place, I decided to make a glow in the dark cast epoxy copy instead.

Blue is made with glowinc ultra blue and permatex 30 minute epoxy, Green is glow-inc ultra green v10, with the same epoxy.

7c2f1bbe.jpg

final results, charged by running the light.

00e2550c.jpg

The extra pieces I cast, and the head of the IFE2, all charged under a black light for this shot.

ead8ee38.jpg

The black part is the original spacer/filler thats visible looking down the end of the light. 3 green replacement spacers, and 2 blue replacement spacers that I'm putting up for sale.

My castings arent perfect copies. They all have a void on one side, but that is outside of whats visible with the reflector installed. Only visible defect is a single small void next to the emitter, that would be visible upon close inspection. Its only present on the 2 blues. The green spacers dont have this. The greens arent loaded with GITD powder as much as the blues, so the resin flowed better, but it gives a slightly speckled pattern, but the greens are still brighter then the blues.

0a9444cf.jpg
Arrows pointing the voids next to where the emitter sits.

I cleaned up all the mold flash and have checked each one in my own IFE2 to ensure proper fit. If any of nitecore's other XP-G lights use the exact same black part, then this would drop into them too, I'm only familiar with the IFE2 however.

I'm asking $12 paypal shipped to the US. PM for paypal info, and with shipping info, along with your CPF username in your paypal comments.

BLUE #1 $12 Available
BLUE #2 $12Available
GREEN #1 $12Available
GREEN #2 $12Available
GREEN #3 $12Available

Feel free to post questions here!