Imalent        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closed! Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service

Default Closed! Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service

Hello to all!

Cerakote Service:

After the boring is complete we may be sending some hosts to be Cerakoted at a local NIS certified factory; if you are interested in this service the price will be $40 for any 2 cell light; lights must be sent disassembled with all switches/lenses/oring etc removed. The factory can do any color but we need to decide on a few colors to get this pricing!

Sor far we have decided to do some:
    Bright White
    Graphite Black

Boring Service: Deadline for lights to arrive in Socal is Wednesday 6/29!

In the next week or two we will be dropping some surefire hosts off to the machinist to be bored for 18650 cells; if any of you want to have your personal lights bored for 18650's the turnaround should be approximately two weeks =)

The machinist has 30 years of experience in the aerospace industry and does work for Boeing etc, his work is unsurpassed in quality and precision. We have done 20 lights with him in the past and have always received praises from the lucky recipients of those lights; please check out these threads

Batch 1
    Batch 2

The hosts are bored to accept 18650 cells and include a retention lip on the bezel side of the body to keep the battery from falling out during Dropin changes.

For anyone interested the process is as follows;
    1) Say I'll take it + your host type
    2) Mail your host body only to us with the o-rings, bezel, tailcap, pocket clip and grip rings removed (if applicable)
    3)Once they have all been collected and prepped the hosts will go to the machinist for processing this typically takes 1-10 days depending on his workload
    4) Hosts are picked up, cleaned and repackaged to be shipped back to you
    5) You receive and start enjoying the expanded capacity!

Pricing is as follows, I prefer only 2 cell lights for now but may be able to accommodate other sizes

6P- $19 Including return shipping
    C2- $21 Including return shipping
    Z2- $21 Including return shipping

FOR PAYPAL GIFT-PLEASE SEND $0.01 AS A STANDARD PAYPAL PAYMENT AND THE ITEM'S PRICE AS A GIFT. This allows me to use the paypal shipping manager to print your label and get your package out much faster. Thanks!

Insurance is an additional $2.25 for $100 of coverage; I can not be held responsible for damage incurred during transit if you choose to opt out of insurance!

My Paypal addy; BUGSY714@MSN.COM

International buyers welcome; shipping is at your expense and is a maximum of $13 for international flat rate envelope that can hold 3 full sized lights. If I can find a less expensive option (international first class) I will refund the difference in cost. All International shipments are at the buyer's own risk and it is recommended that insurance and registered mail options be added

Pictures of modded host courtesy of Winx:

Head-down pic of lip (drop-in side)

Tail-down pic of bored host body (Battery side)

Retaining lip (Battery side)

Last edited by bugsy714; 08-12-2011 at 02:18 AM.
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Default Re: Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next week!

pics added

Default Re: Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next week!

Added Cerakote options

PM's answered; international buyers welcome!

I have a few takers, we need to get the lights for this batch in the mail asap so we can get them to the machinist asap!

Default Re: Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next w

Any thoughts on what color cerkoted bored c2's you'd like to see people?

I was thinking a blue/black/grey urban camo would be awesome!
    Last edited by bugsy714; 06-17-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Default Re: Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next w

PM answered, thanks

Flashaholic*

Do you offer the GITD Cerakote that was available @ Oveready? I missed the SF 6P GITD....
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

No GITD for now, still working out the process for that application =)

We can do any color cerkote but have to agree on which 3 color, I'm thinking some hidden white bored C2's and some urban camo C2's but am open to all suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by emu124 View Post

PM answered, thanks
    Got your paypal for the 2 bored c2's, thanks!

im interested in hidden white for a 6p with a19 extender

I second the white GITD like overready had.. realllly want a Z2 done this way...

Etched with a thunderbolt from a 4g cloud

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Added Cerakote options
    Anyone for yellow?

GITD is not a standard color, it is a concoction Dan at OR has worked out so it is not an option, if in the future we manage to work out the mix I will post a separate thread =)

For a list of standard hardened colors people see jslappa's thread here

I would guess the any camo pattern is going to be labor intensive. I am not sure if that would affect the cost from the shop doing the cerakote.

Cerakote has two white colors, Hidden white and Bright white. Hidden white has a gray cast to it, the Bright white is a whiter color...
    Now I can see the darkness .

Flashaholic

PM sent about boring a couple of Surefires not listed.

I am up for a Bright white if you are doing any ?
    If so could you do my M3 ?

Cheers

EDIT : Cerakote service only. If not white is it still possible to do my M3 in any colour you guys are doing ?
    Last edited by Rat; 06-19-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    I would guess the any camo pattern is going to be labor intensive. I am not sure if that would affect the cost from the shop doing the cerakote.

Cerakote has two white colors, Hidden white and Bright white. Hidden white has a gray cast to it, the Bright white is a whiter color...
    Yes, very true; also the hidden white is an oven cured hardened coating while the bright white is air cured.

If anyone else wants their hosts bored they need to be in the mail asap and arrive before next Saturday; the hosts will go to the shop to be bored next monday!
    Last edited by bugsy714; 06-19-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Do you offer the GITD Cerakote that was available @ Oveready? I missed the SF 6P GITD....
    Quote Originally Posted by drmalenko View Post
    I second the white GITD like overready had.. realllly want a Z2 done this way...
    GITD is not a standard color, it is a concoction Dan at OR has worked out

GID Cerakote is something we spent 18 months developing, including several rounds of prototype processes. The NIC factory has contacted us about it, but its not likely to show up elsewhere. GID orange 6Ps are next, with more GID white and orange (in all models) after that.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Leggo ma eggo!

Yes, very true; also the hidden white is an oven cured hardened coating while the bright white is air cured.
    Bright White H-140 is oven cured. If you look at the NIC web site, You have to actually go to the tech sheets and the MSDS listings.
    Now I can see the darkness .

Good info

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    GID orange 6Ps are next, with more GID white and orange (in all models) after that.
    Woohohoho ... I will see picures of GID orange... ... also available as Z2 or 6P only.... ...the Z2 is my favorite light therefore a GID orange would be really cool.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Hey Dan, can I pop into your threads and talk about what I'm selling?

lol

Anyways back on top here; Hosts for boring need to be in the mail today or tomorrow!

Talking with the cerakote factory about some different color options for air cured as well, these tend to be the brighter more decorative colors

Talking with the cerakote factory about some different color options for air cured as well, these tend to be the brighter more decorative colors
    So will I be able to send you a host for the cerakote service only ?

Cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Hello,

Cerakote and boring services are available as stand-alone services; choose one or both as needed =)

The deadline for boring has been extended to next Wednesday 6/29 to accomadate some late shippers!

Hello,

Cerakote and boring services are available as stand-alone services; choose one or both as needed =)

Great news
    I vote for bright white I have a M3 & a M2 that I would like to turn into storm troopers .
    Let's hope we get a few more votes for bright white.

Cheers

I'll call and order the bright white tomorrow; once we determined it was hardened I was sold! once we have confirmation of it being available I will forward my shipping info. How long does aussie post take?

The second color will be graphite black; any takers????

It should look like this?

Picture of LightJunk's lights ripped from this thread, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-lets-see-them! (9th post)

I'm in for three lights - that looks awesome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast