• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed! Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello to all!

Cerakote Service:

After the boring is complete we may be sending some hosts to be Cerakoted at a local NIS certified factory; if you are interested in this service the price will be $40 for any 2 cell light; lights must be sent disassembled with all switches/lenses/oring etc removed. The factory can do any color but we need to decide on a few colors to get this pricing!

Sor far we have decided to do some:
Bright White
Graphite Black

Boring Service: Deadline for lights to arrive in Socal is Wednesday 6/29!

In the next week or two we will be dropping some surefire hosts off to the machinist to be bored for 18650 cells; if any of you want to have your personal lights bored for 18650's the turnaround should be approximately two weeks =)

The machinist has 30 years of experience in the aerospace industry and does work for Boeing etc, his work is unsurpassed in quality and precision. We have done 20 lights with him in the past and have always received praises from the lucky recipients of those lights; please check out these threads

Batch 1
Batch 2

The hosts are bored to accept 18650 cells and include a retention lip on the bezel side of the body to keep the battery from falling out during Dropin changes.

For anyone interested the process is as follows;
1) Say I'll take it + your host type
2) Mail your host body only to us with the o-rings, bezel, tailcap, pocket clip and grip rings removed (if applicable)
3)Once they have all been collected and prepped the hosts will go to the machinist for processing this typically takes 1-10 days depending on his workload
4) Hosts are picked up, cleaned and repackaged to be shipped back to you
5) You receive and start enjoying the expanded capacity!

Pricing is as follows, I prefer only 2 cell lights for now but may be able to accommodate other sizes

6P- $19 Including return shipping
C2- $21 Including return shipping
Z2- $21 Including return shipping

FOR PAYPAL GIFT-PLEASE SEND $0.01 AS A STANDARD PAYPAL PAYMENT AND THE ITEM'S PRICE AS A GIFT. This allows me to use the paypal shipping manager to print your label and get your package out much faster. Thanks!

Insurance is an additional $2.25 for $100 of coverage; I can not be held responsible for damage incurred during transit if you choose to opt out of insurance!

My Paypal addy; [email protected]

International buyers welcome; shipping is at your expense and is a maximum of $13 for international flat rate envelope that can hold 3 full sized lights. If I can find a less expensive option (international first class) I will refund the difference in cost. All International shipments are at the buyer's own risk and it is recommended that insurance and registered mail options be added

Pictures of modded host courtesy of Winx:

Head-down pic of lip (drop-in side)

surefire.c2-ha.from.bugsy714.1.jpg

Tail-down pic of bored host body (Battery side)

surefire.c2-ha.from.bugsy714.3.jpg

Retaining lip (Battery side)

surefire.c2-ha.from.bugsy714.4.jpg

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next week!

pics added

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Added Cerakote options

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM's answered; international buyers welcome!

I have a few takers, we need to get the lights for this batch in the mail asap so we can get them to the machinist asap!

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next w

Any thoughts on what color cerkoted bored c2's you'd like to see people?

I was thinking a blue/black/grey urban camo would be awesome!

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote & Surefire C-Series (C/Z/P) 18650 Boring service- Run planned for next w

Do you offer the GITD Cerakote that was available @ Oveready? :) I missed the SF 6P GITD.... :(

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

No GITD for now, still working out the process for that application =)

We can do any color cerkote but have to agree on which 3 color, I'm thinking some hidden white bored C2's and some urban camo C2's but am open to all suggestions!

asiandunn30

Newly Enlightened

im interested in hidden white for a 6p with a19 extender

sadtimes

Enlightened
I second the white GITD like overready had.. realllly want a Z2 done this way...

Etched with a thunderbolt from a 4g cloud

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

GITD is not a standard color, it is a concoction Dan at OR has worked out so it is not an option, if in the future we manage to work out the mix I will post a separate thread =)

For a list of standard hardened colors people see jslappa's thread here

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would guess the any camo pattern is going to be labor intensive. I am not sure if that would affect the cost from the shop doing the cerakote.

Cerakote has two white colors, Hidden white and Bright white. Hidden white has a gray cast to it, the Bright white is a whiter color...

flip

Enlightened

PM sent about boring a couple of Surefires not listed.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am up for a Bright white if you are doing any ?
If so could you do my M3 ?

Cheers

EDIT : Cerakote service only. If not white is it still possible to do my M3 in any colour you guys are doing ?

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would guess the any camo pattern is going to be labor intensive. I am not sure if that would affect the cost from the shop doing the cerakote.

Cerakote has two white colors, Hidden white and Bright white. Hidden white has a gray cast to it, the Bright white is a whiter color...

Yes, very true; also the hidden white is an oven cured hardened coating while the bright white is air cured.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

If anyone else wants their hosts bored they need to be in the mail asap and arrive before next Saturday; the hosts will go to the shop to be bored next monday!

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Do you offer the GITD Cerakote that was available @ Oveready? :) I missed the SF 6P GITD.... :(

I second the white GITD like overready had.. realllly want a Z2 done this way...

GITD is not a standard color, it is a concoction Dan at OR has worked out

GID Cerakote is something we spent 18 months developing, including several rounds of prototype processes. The NIC factory has contacted us about it, but its not likely to show up elsewhere. GID orange 6Ps are next, with more GID white and orange (in all models) after that.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leggo ma eggo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts