Current alternative to the Fenix L1T?

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
For the last few years my to go light has always been my Fenix L1T - great size, commonly available batteries (eneloops as standard, plus the ability to use any AA I have to hand), simple two mode (high/low) operation with a fantastic UI (clicky on/off, twist head for high/low) and so far proving itself great value and tough as anything.

Sadly my L1T has gone walkabouts, so it is time to consider a replacement - the question is what on the market nowadays compares? I would honestly be happy enough with another L1T if they are still available, but if there are new equivalents with new emitters and so on I wouldn't say no.
I am not looking for anything complicated or fancy - I have no desire to end up tapping away changing modes rather than presetting it like possible with the L1T and turning it on at my chosen setting. I do have the LD01, and TBH it is more of a faff to set than I would like...

As far as I can see there is no direct replacement other than the more complicated LD10 from Fenix, but I am open to ideas...

TL;DR - 1AA, clicky switch, simple two mode operation or similar, any ideas?

flame2000

Enlightened
I can think of 2 choices for you. Jetbeam B10 or the Klarus P1A. Both are 1AA & have the same simple UI (forward clicky, twist head for hi/lo).

Last edited:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark 1xAA Tactical. Can program any of the 8 modes available into the two slots. Without entering programming the UI is the same.

Xacto

Enlightened
I got a Fenix L1T a few months ago for EDC when a regular SF 6P is too big (read concealed carry of a powerful flashlight). A few weeks ago I just needed to get a Surefire E1b.... well honestly it beats the L1T when in comes to lighting things up, but I have to admit that a CR123 is not as easily found as an AA. Sizewise the E1b and the L1T play in the same league. Another option would be a Surefire L1.

If you want to stay in the 1xAA size, an iTP SA-1 may be an option, although it is a bit bigger in the diameter.

Cheers
Thorsten

Latest posts