Maratac AAA Belt Holster (or any small AAA flashlight)

ttpockettools

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I am new here and have read through some threads for a few weeks now and you guys have some cool lights.

One of the reasons I started reading around in this forum was that it came in a Google search that I was doing for a Maratac AAA Belt Holster. I found this thread and it was useful and I found this thread which had a cool mod that I did...thanks. In the end what I found out is that there really aren't too many options for small flashlight holsters because they are so small and are usually easier to carry on a keychain or in your pocket...I'm sure there are but they may not be cost effective.

Since owning my Maratac AAA light (by the way I love this light), I have tried the pocket clip but almost lost the light a few times and I tried carrying it in my pocket but I didn't want to scratch up my light with a pocket tool that I carry and I also didn't want to mark up my cell phone screen by carrying it in my other pocket. This brings us to why I was searching for a holster in the first place.

So I got to thinking about making something and here's what I came up with. I can see many variations of this and it working on many small lights and other things. Tell me what you think.

I did two variations and took pics...the first is with paracord and a knot tied just long enough to slide over the light but not come off. The second is with paracord and a spring stop thing. In the second one I slide the spring stop to the side of the light and that makes the paracord not stick out like shown. I am going to mess with a other variations but this is the basics of the idea.

IMG_2709.JPG

Another Pic

Another Pic

Another Pic

Sorry for the links - still working on figuring out pics

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Please resize your oversized images to no larger than 800 X 800.
Norm

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that the Maratac and the ITP A3 (which I have) are very similar but I don't recall if the Maratac has a ring on the tail like the ITP.

I wear mine as a necklace and tuck it under my shirt. I have some cave line from diving but any strong string works as the necklace. I tie the line so that it forms a loop and then attach it to the light with a hitch so if I don't want to use the necklace it's easy to undo.

You way is interesting as well. Thanks for the idea and pics.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy ttpockettools and welcome to CPF,
A nice first post. Half the fun is figuring out how to make things work for our individual situations, and I think you are on the right track with yours. Enjoy your new light!

ttpockettools

Newly Enlightened
Please resize your oversized images to no larger than 800 X 800.
Norm

Norm, thanks. I did re-size within the post when I posted the first time by stretching the pics right on screen but when I submitted the post they came back to original size. I tried it again but I guess I have to re-size before posting. For now the links work.

ttpockettools

Newly Enlightened
I know that the Maratac and the ITP A3 (which I have) are very similar but I don't recall if the Maratac has a ring on the tail like the ITP.

I wear mine as a necklace and tuck it under my shirt. I have some cave line from diving but any strong string works as the necklace. I tie the line so that it forms a loop and then attach it to the light with a hitch so if I don't want to use the necklace it's easy to undo.

You way is interesting as well. Thanks for the idea and pics.

Hi gcbryan. The Maratac has a clip around the end, not off the top like yours. The ITP definitely works better hanging off a necklace than a Maratac would. I like your idea as well. It was between the ITP and the Maratac when I was looking to buy either one as they are very similar...they have the same pocket clip as well but what steered me toward the Maratac was not having that loop on the end so I could stand it up on end if I wanted to. I saw somewhere within all the forum that you can use a Chapstick cap on the end and the light can serve as a candle.

Anyway, so many cools things to try. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ttpockettools

Newly Enlightened
Howdy ttpockettools and welcome to CPF,
A nice first post. Half the fun is figuring out how to make things work for our individual situations, and I think you are on the right track with yours. Enjoy your new light!

Hi Derek. Thanks. Yes, I agree.