medical?

kev1-1

Enlightened
I have a heavy cold/flu right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I also have a medical for a new job on Wednesday...is it likely to effect the outcome of blood tests and the like? I don't imagine it would...but just checking!!

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they're checking for narcotics, just make sure that any cold/flu medicine you're taking for cough/sore throat is "drug" free.

Regular lab values shouldn't be thrown too far off (except white blood cell count and the like) to make much of a difference for a job physical.

-Jason

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I had to take 3 days off last week, sort of a BAD cold with FLU like symptoms. Literally felt like a WWF wrestler had given me a max bearhug or a truck ran over my torso. My ribs felt "crushed". Tired, weak in the arms & legs. It's going around Anchorage, takes about 3 days to "kick" while feeling about 80% for the next two days!

Lots of rest, fluids, and chicken soup! (Though I like Hot & Sour soup - really opens you up!)

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they ask you to fill out the forms prior to the physical they usually ask you to list medications you are taking. List the cold/flu medicine.

Make sure they know BEFOREHAND what you are taking and I can't imagine any problem.

Which reminds me, I'm the only one of my group at work that has not had his annual physical, wonder when the boss is going to schedule me, humm.

GregR