Streamlight pt2l

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys just wanting to ask a question for you guys that have this light. Just received it today and went ahead and turned it on against a white wall, now the light is white and bright overall, from about a foot from the wall the hotspot is very bright but like from a few few feet away i noticed a slight dark spot in the hot spot but this is only from like 1 foot and beyond...it isnt like really noticible but to us flashaholics you could tell its there and i wanted to know if any one noticed it on theirs...i have few streamlights but this is the first like that...thank you

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "doughnut hole" that you are describing is typical of a lot of LED lights, especially with smooth reflectors. It's better with some lights and worse with others. The thing you have to ask yourself is if it changes the experience of using the light in practice. "White wall hunting" as we like to call it is one game we like to play, but when you bought the light, did you intend to hunt walls or go outside and use the light? If it was the latter, and the light performs well in practical use, then you're probably fine. If the issue is so distracting that it makes you not want to use it, then you'd better stop torturing yourself and either sell it or give it away and start researching lights with less noticeable doughnut holes. The last scenario to consider, is that it is bad enough to have resulted from a manufacturing defect. In that case, contact the manufacturer and see what they will do about repairing or replacing the light.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Wow i have heard of doughnut holes on lights before so i guess its my first light with one. Good thing its not that bad its just like a dim spot not like a complete hole...thank you for clearing this up im just gonna keep it i still love how bright it is n has alot of light for such a small flashlight and your right just trie dit outside and you cant really tell why lighting up objects unless your looking for it lol, thank you.