Motorola T-6200 FRS radios $13.00 at Big Lots

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I thought it was a very good buy. It's a .5 watt FRS radio, 2 mile range (I have never seen that kind of range) The ones I saw were black.

paulr

Flashaholic
Does the t6200 have subchannels? That means the 38 so-called "privacy" tones that squelch the radio if not present. thanx

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a pair of the 5320s, and they're great for hiking... I suppose if you have more than a pair, the range extends as well, depending on each unit's position. I may be wrong, and don't quote me on this, but there was once when there was a huge group of us were hiking up this mountain, and we split into 3 groups, the elite (fastest), mediocre (that's me!) and the slow. I couldn't get in touch with the elite group cos they were in a trough, and i could only talk to the last group. But as soon as I reached a peak, I was able to talk to the elite group, and so was the slow group. I suppose my unit was acting sorta like a transmitter/repeater, hence increasing the range...

Anyway, at $13 a pop, that's a real good buy, esp since its got the 38 subchannels...