Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Introducing myself - ordered a Klarus XT10

Default Introducing myself - ordered a Klarus XT10

Hi everyone, My name is Fred and I am excited about joining CandlePowerForums. My first experience with flash lights other than the everyday store bought L.E.D. and incandescent ones was a couple of years ago when I purchased a Tiablo A9 Q5. It was an eye opening experience to see what I had been missing. The Tiablo gave almost 3 years of flawless performance, but a few days ago it just "died". I don't know if it is a damaged circuit board or bulb, but the cost of shipping and repair were not worth it. I have ordered a Klarus XT10 (after comparing all of the features and looking at the reviews from Marshall at "going gear")and am looking forward to using it. Fred

Super Moderator

Default Re: Introducing myself - ordered a Klarus XT10

Welcome to CPF, dFredb

I'll move your thread to the LED Flashlights section for you. Let us know what you think of the Klarus when you get it!
    Last edited by DM51; 06-17-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Resistance is futile...

Hey Fred!

I have four Klarus lights (not the XT10 though, too big for me) and two more will be coming shortly: I can say only good things about them. You will surely enjoy your new light!

Welcome here. I have the XT10 and it's a brilliant tactical light you'll love it and the tint I bet
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland <><

Hello, I have a Klarus, great light

Cheers

Enlightened

Woo!

Waiting for a light to arrive is half the fun! What are you going to be using the light for?
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, you'll notice less throw compared to your A9, but great amount of light and beam for any use (minus long distance spotting).
    That dual switch design is genius though! Hope you enjoy it!

Flashaholic*

Welcome! There is much knowledge in these forums, a great place to learn and go broke.

Btw, i love those goinggear vids on youtube as well.

Hi Fred

Glad to hear you had a good enough experience with the A9 to keep you excited about investing in newer LED lighting. I've had a A9 for awhile now and even though I don't use it much I really appreciate it's light weight and awesome throw, did you ever get a chance to try a aspherical head on it, what a wow factor.

I've never owned a Klarus but I will get around to it soon enough and the XT10 is the model I to will probably end up with, it will have less throw but will have lots more total output which should be be exciting.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I really enjoyed my A9. I used it mostly for keeping up with my dogs and cats at night and to make the lonely trek out to the road with the garbage can. I ordered the Klarus because of the balance between throw and flood that it seems to have, and the UI also looks easy and intuitive. I know how expensive these forums can get. I am a member of a motorcycle forum, so you can imagine all the latest modifications that I absolutely HAD to have (in the interest of safety of course!). I am already looking at the super compact AA and AAA torches. And so it begins! Will definitely post a review when it gets here.

Default Thoughts on Klarus XT10

Just got my Klarus XT10 after having a Tiablo A9. It's a great light with excellent flood, but I do miss the throw from the A9. I knew it would be a trade-off so I'll just have to get used to it til I can afford another good thrower. Great general purpose light though. Quality of construction is excellent and the UI is excellent. I hope they make a similar model with throw capability. Would definitely be interested!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_dAY View Post
    Welcome! There is much knowledge in these forums, a great place to learn and go broke.

Btw, i love those goinggear vids on youtube as well.

+1 on the broke and +1 for Marshall from goinggear! He has great influence on the lights I buy! (for example, the Klarus XT10! i was supposed to get a Sunwayman V20C, but after seeing Marshall's video, it's gonna be Klarus XT10 for now!)

i just got a klarus xt10 myself. Im loving it.

I have one too, I love it.