Name that LED

matt304

Newly Enlightened
I have an 18650 LED light that I have decided to use for a special project in which I need to purchase more of the same light. My problem is that I bought the light from eBay, and the only description I got of my light was "300 lumen output", a model name (TR-801), but no LED description in the ad.

It turns out that this Trustfire TR-801 is offered in a few different LED choices. Two of the LEDs I have seen advertised most often are the P4 and the Q5-WC.

The odd thing is that the P4 most often says 120-140 lumens when advertised and is 3-mode, while the Q5-WC is advertised at 230 lumens but is 5-mode. Well, my light is a 3-mode light, but it puts out way more than 120-140 lumens. See, I have compared it to many more expensive lights like Fenix, Surefire, and Lumapower since I've owned it, and based on comparison to these other lights, it actually appears to put out close to the 300 lumens it was advertised at when I bought it. So at this point, I am really confused as to what I actually have here for an LED in the light, and I was hoping with my photo someone could actually name that LED. :thumbsup:

Thanks

ledcloseup.jpg