Seen the Malkoff QuickDraw yet? WOW!!!

purelite

Enlightened
Ok, I dont really like 1xcr123 lights but this things is AWESOME!!!!! Comes with a holster and it just looks really cool:faint:

Wonder if they could d this for a 2 cell/18650 body setup? That would be fantastic!!

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do have a 2xcr123 quick draw. Maybe I'm missing something (very likely) but what is new? I see a new tailcap (is that what is new?) with the same VME head and Malkoff drop ins that were already great.

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
It has a switch on the back whick allows momentary activation of the light with light pressure. The holster is designed to "lock out" the light because it would easily turn on in your pocket. You can also just tighten the tailswitch for constant on. Check out the video on Malkoff's page!!

S1LVA

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the switch makes it intriguing enough for me to give it a try. I imagine with wet/slippery hands, the offset push would make the light easier to hold on to. I do see some challenges trying to EDC a light like this without the case however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Malkoffs, but this is not a light for me.
I can't live with a tailswitch that will be randomly activating in my pocket(even if it is only momentary), and thus require a dedicated holster. It's just not my light.
I can see this as a compact duty light for LE, where they have it in the duty belt holster, and can easily activate the light with bulky gloves on, or whatever.
But, I don't have those needs, and I don't desire those "features". I think this light is made for LE.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeh it's not for me I'd rather have a momentary forward switch, not taking anything away from it because we know what kind of quality it has and it's kind of unique but as I said it's not for me.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
One Cell
Two Cell

For tactical use, this seems like a really exceptional switch design. One of these would be very useful on a duty belt. It looks like you can activate the light from almost any hand position.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other issue I have is the sleek design of the flashlight - the functionality would be improved, I think, by including something to improve the "gripability" of the flashlight.

-Trevor

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other issue I have is the sleek design of the flashlight - the functionality would be improved, I think, by including something to improve the "gripability" of the flashlight.

-Trevor

I could be wrong, but I believe the switch design helps improve the gripability during use despite the relatively smooth and sleek design. I should have one incoming in a week or so and can see for myself.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
For tactical use, this seems like a really exceptional switch design. One of these would be very useful on a duty belt. It looks like you can activate the light from almost any hand position.

good points.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
As this 'light is threaded for 'E series'/ VME heads, I wonder if the tail is also 'E series' compatible? That would give a clicky option for Pocket carry along with the twisty tungsten glass breaker option for belt carry; this would be excellent...anyone?