Incurable flashoholic back again...

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around 3-4 months after my decision to have a long interuption from CPF I became curious about if something happened here. I earlier understood that an interuption from CPF was necessary to stop my flashlight addiction.

BUT:
Did I stop thinking about flashlights? NO
Did I stop buying flashlights? NO

Since last time I participated CPF I ordered a Surefire E2DL Defender, a Nitecore D10 SP camo, Fenix LD01 SS and a Fenix LD10 R5. In some week I am waiting for 3 Maglite 2Ds and 2 MiniMaglites in different colours...

Apart from that I recently received a package with 16 Eneloop AAA, 48 Eneloop AA, 50 Titanium CR123 2 pack, 30 Titanium CR123 3-pack and 10 Titanium CR2...

When I after a few months interuption visited CPF again I read that Fenix will release an even brighter 8AA light, and 4D cell 800 and 2000 lumen lights!
How to stop beeing a flashoholic??? I think it's just to realize the reality:
I am an incurable flashoholic!

Unfortunately I live close to the polarcircle with bright summernights(~3 months without starry sky), and I have to wait ~2 months until it will be dark enough for serious flashlight use. Two days more until the longest day of the year, and then it will be darker again...

Best flashlight regards, Patric

Last edited:

Richub

Enlightened
Around 3-4 months after my decision to have a long interuption from CPF I became curious about if something happened here. I earlier understood that an interuption from CPF was necessary to stop my flashlight addiction.

BUT:

Since last time I participated CPF I ordered a Surefire E2DL Defender, a Nitecore D10 SP camo, Fenix LD01 SS and a Fenix LD10 R5. In some week I am waiting for 3 Maglite 2Ds and 2 MiniMaglites in different colours...

Apart from that I recently received a package with 16 Eneloop AAA, 48 Eneloop AA, 50 Titanium CR123 2 pack, 30 Titanium CR123 3-pack and 10 Titanium CR2...

When I after a few months interuption visited CPF again I read that Fenix will release an even brighter 8AA light, and 4D cell 800 and 2000 lumen lights!
How to stop beeing a flashoholic??? I think it's just to realize the reality:
I am an incurable flashoholic!

Unfortunately I live close to the polarcircle with bright summernights, and I have to wait ~2 months until it will be dark enough for serious flashlight use. Two days more until the longest day of the year, and then it will be darker again...

Best flashlight regards, Patric
Welcome back. :)

And in about 5 months you'll have the flashaholic advantage of living near the polar circle: Almost endless nights. ;)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Solution ........ just buy some room darkening shades for your windows
.................... Create a MAN-CAVE ......... and enjoy.

~

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Welcome back Swedpat!

There are some nice new lights I think.
The Fenix you mentioned and also Zebralight has some new interesting lights.
And of course many others.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of years ago I purchased a McGizmo PD. After receiving it I realized there was nothing that could top it, and stopped visiting CPF for over a year. One day I decided to pop back in and see what was new. I was almost lost with all the new led's that were out. It was like I logged in for the first time. Things are changing so fast now that there's no way to get bored.

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Welcome back! I did the same thing, and went 10 months without buying a flashlight! Bought 2 this week! When you're a flashaholic, it's impossible to stay away.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your welcomings and replies!

~

Solution ........ just buy some room darkening shades for your windows
.................... Create a MAN-CAVE ......... and enjoy.

~

Yes, I really thought about something like that! ;-)

Welcome back Swedpat!

There are some nice new lights I think.
The Fenix you mentioned and also Zebralight has some new interesting lights.
And of course many others.

Yes, there are many new nice lights!

A couple of years ago I purchased a McGizmo PD. After receiving it I realized there was nothing that could top it, and stopped visiting CPF for over a year. One day I decided to pop back in and see what was new. I was almost lost with all the new led's that were out. It was like I logged in for the first time. Things are changing so fast now that there's no way to get bored.
AND:
Welcome back! I did the same thing, and went 10 months without buying a flashlight! Bought 2 this week! When you're a flashaholic, it's impossible to stay away.

I think I have serious problems! You succed to take such long interruptions! Actually my intention was to leave CPF and further flashlight purchases for some year, but only succeed a few months...

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Mikellen

Enlightened
I'm trying to curb this addiction also. I placed some of my most prized lights for sale at the MarketPlace.
I already withdrew one sale and contemplating withdrawing another! I just feel like I would regret selling them!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to curb this addiction also. I placed some of my most prized lights for sale at the MarketPlace.
I already withdrew one sale and contemplating withdrawing another! I just feel like I would regret selling them!

I have several lights I want to sale(and I know I would not miss them), but among my friends there are very few flashlight fans. Instead some of them are "anti-flashoholics" and don't even want a good flashlight as a gift...
It's obvious that flashlight lovers are a very rare part of the humanity. During a year I had an advert at the local police station of a Fenix TK10 for sale. Not even one singel response...

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
[...]

[...]

So what did you leave CPF for exactly?

Have you seen the Infilux?
The Scoprion?
the TK35?
The HexBright?
The Xeno?
The Predator? The Predator XM-L? The Predator Neutral? The Predator High CRI?
the 64 new ZebraLight models?

I go crazy too - my flashlight collection is currently worth more than my car and computer together (ok, I drive a 2000 saturn, but still...) - but you bought more stuff than I have so far this year, although my wishlist was a lot longer at one point...

Whenever I think about yet another light, I open up my flashlight box and look at all the lights I haven't used in a year for other than comparing my lights, then I tend to think a lot harder about why this new light would be practical and actually get more use than another one. When the answer is basically that I would use it once or twice a year to go light up the field, then if it's not twice as bright as my brightest (or just as bright, but twice as small) I judge it might not be worth it even if I know I would play with it for at least a month before I start reserving it for suitable uses. I hope this technique keeps working, because once I get that TK70, I should only buy small lights for a while... unless something smaller that exceeds 1000 lumens is released... well.... 800 lumens is pretty close... It's a disease I fight on a regular basis, you know. :sick:

sappyg

Enlightened
Glad you're back swedpat.
I've been away for a while (about a year) too and WOW things sure have changed. Surefire discontinuing the P6:faint: of all things. HDS has a new Rotary, Sunwayman came out of nowhere (i think) and i want one. Fenix discontinued the TK20:eek: yet the new (to me) e05 is calling me even though i suspect a 2 stage e01 type light from 4sevens could be around the corner.
I'm still amazed by ZL lights and i just gotta try one of those LED drop ins for my e2e. So many lights... so little money:broke:

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what did you leave CPF for exactly?

Have you seen the Infilux?
The Scoprion?
the TK35?
The HexBright?
The Xeno?
The Predator? The Predator XM-L? The Predator Neutral? The Predator High CRI?
the 64 new ZebraLight models?

I go crazy too - my flashlight collection is currently worth more than my car and computer together (ok, I drive a 2000 saturn, but still...) - but you bought more stuff than I have so far this year, although my wishlist was a lot longer at one point...

Whenever I think about yet another light, I open up my flashlight box and look at all the lights I haven't used in a year for other than comparing my lights, then I tend to think a lot harder about why this new light would be practical and actually get more use than another one. When the answer is basically that I would use it once or twice a year to go light up the field, then if it's not twice as bright as my brightest (or just as bright, but twice as small) I judge it might not be worth it even if I know I would play with it for at least a month before I start reserving it for suitable uses. I hope this technique keeps working, because once I get that TK70, I should only buy small lights for a while... unless something smaller that exceeds 1000 lumens is released... well.... 800 lumens is pretty close... It's a disease I fight on a regular basis, you know. :sick:

No, actually I have not seen the most of the lights you mention. I left CPF because I thought it took to much attention from me and hindered me to do other important things...

Glad you're back swedpat.
I've been away for a while (about a year) too and WOW things sure have changed. Surefire discontinuing the P6:faint: of all things. HDS has a new Rotary, Sunwayman came out of nowhere (i think) and i want one. Fenix discontinued the TK20:eek: yet the new (to me) e05 is calling me even though i suspect a 2 stage e01 type light from 4sevens could be around the corner.
I'm still amazed by ZL lights and i just gotta try one of those LED drop ins for my e2e. So many lights... so little money:broke:

Oh, just during 3-4 months much happened in the flashlight world! Actually the best whould be to one time every year update the flashlight collection, and the rest of the year actually USE and enjoy them...
But I still wonder what to do with the older ones in the collection? Some of the older I want to keep just for curiosity, but not all of them...

Welcome back swedpat. Enjoy.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I am sure I will do. :)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome back!
but honestly 3-4 months isnt that long. but, it probably felt like years! it just shows that you do have it bad. heheh

lets see.. the last few months... theres been....

hds rotary, which you probably already know about.
zebralight, spark, and fenix has a lot of new models.
peak QTC, are very interesting... and its had my attention all this week.
armytek is working on some interesting things.
Xeno E03 is available in neutral/warm/cool tint XM-Ls

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome back!
but honestly 3-4 months isnt that long. but, it probably felt like years! it just shows that you do have it bad. heheh

lets see.. the last few months... theres been....

hds rotary, which you probably already know about.
zebralight, spark, and fenix has a lot of new models.
peak QTC, are very interesting... and its had my attention all this week.
armytek is working on some interesting things.
Xeno E03 is available in neutral/warm/cool tint XM-Ls

Thanks!

Yes, you got it right there! :thumbsup:

About HDS, I am since the first time I became aware of it, interested in the high CRI model. Also the 2AA option with the possibility to change the same head between 1xCR123 and 2AA. But at HDS website the high CRI option is out of stock and I don't find any information about 2AA tube.

Regards, Patric

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
About HDS, I am since the first time I became aware of it, interested in the high CRI model. Also the 2AA option with the possibility to change the same head between 1xCR123 and 2AA. But at HDS website the high CRI option is out of stock and I don't find any information about 2AA tube.

I'm waiting for the same thing here. An update would be nice.

Latest posts