• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any volunteers for a Eiger QTC runtime test on low?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see how it compares to the numbers I got for my Eiger #0 and Eiger #Subzero. Seeing there is no resistors or other parasitic drain scenarios, I'd like to see a significant increase in runtime say 80+ hours. Now we just need a willing person to volunteer for this undertaking.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

Final results for my runtime test on .2 lumens:

Eiger QTC (Duraloop 900mAh AAA) - 77 hours @ 1.10v
Logan QTC (Tenergy 750mAh LiFePO4 3.0v) - 88 hours @ 1.529v

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as I get my hands on a HA QTC eiger, I'll run the test for you. Runtime to "off?" From how low a low?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be happy to do an "eye calibrated" test like that. I'll shoot you a PM when I get my hands on the light!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just started the Eiger QTC at 8:12pm EST on a freshly charged Duraloop. It's about equivalent to the .2 lumen moon mode of a 4Sevens Quark AA. Maybe this will conclude sometime next week. We shall see.

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to know how efficient the QTC lights are as well. This should be interesting. But I would also like to see a comparison on a medium mode as well to get an idea of efficiency.

scout24

Flashaholic
Beacon-I'll grab a fresh SF 123 and start the Logan HA behind you by an hour, 9:13 PM EST. Mine's a bit finicky down that low, but I'm sure it'll run fine.

EDIT- And, We're off! My Quark is in my truck, so I set my SWM V10R and the Logan to the same output level, and clicked the SWM off to use as the control light. Just up from minimum. I'll admit to being really impressed with the brass Eiger, and intend to use it in place of my Titan for a few mornings instead of running an alkaline or Energizer Lithium test tonight. Maybe over the weekend if nobody else jumps in first. :)

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for my Tenergy 750mAh 3.0v LiFeP04 RCR123 to finish so I can start the Logan QTC on the same test.

EDIT: Just started the Logan at 9:12pm EST

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should be interesting. Thank you in advance for your efforts guys. Approximately what level is the Logan set to.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pic taken at 10:12pm

oan1bq.jpg

Quark AA / Logan QTC / Eiger QTC

Not really liking the green tint of the Eiger. Wish is was the pure white of the Logan. Maybe I can get Bob to send out a whiter one for a replacement. Also does Peak not use factory packaging anymore? For $75 a light I was sort of expecting a little more than just bubblewrap and a clear plastic container with no labeling or anything.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
I just got a new Kinesis Advantage keyboard which I thought was really expensive, for a board, it does have a better warranty than most keyboards 2 whole years. The unit has Cherry MX mechanical keys and a really hard learning curve, so it is taking me awhile to type this. It is also the most comfortable keyboard to type on that I have ever used it has great feedback and tactile feel. I read all the reviews on it that I could find and thought I'd give it a try. After 3 days and much practice I'm still very slow and make a lot of mistakes but doing better. The instructions are not real clear either. It is also built like a truck very heavy duty. When it was shipped it came in a plain white box, no fancy multicolor inner box either they just stuck the UPS label on the box and shipped it that way. I'm glad that it didn't come in that fancy wrapper because I didn't want to pay even more for the product and you know I did not really buy the keyboard for the box anyway.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point Bob about the packaging. I was just curious as I know I have official PEAK packaging from either my order from Curt or maybe it was a used model Peak I bought from CPF. Is it possible to swap my head which is pretty green for a whiter Eiger head? Also I was wondering if ther Logan is specifically narrow beam as I was assuming it would be medium like the Eiger but it's obviously different with a very defined spot and I prefer the flood beams on my lights.

Well the test is still going 24+ hours later.

Here's the pic from 9:12pm

35kucyt.jpg

Another issue I noticed (I was going to post this morning but my message got deleted after I wrote a couple of paragraphs and didn't have time to re-type it before going to work) was any time the light gets moved the brightness changes. This was confirmed in both lights I have with the QTC pill and actually another CPF member sent me a message this morning about this very issue wondering if mine was changing brightness from the slightest movement, which makes doing a test like this not as accurate as it could be. Is there a way to minimize this effect?

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Sorry no swap for tint. Look in thread What tint is your El Cap #3 post check and see what Curt has to say about tint.
I agree 100% and couldn't say it any better. That said we do have a 30 day money back warranty, if you don't like the light then just ship it back like you got it and when I receive it then I'll refund the cost of the light.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a way to test for tint beforehand though? I would think for $75, a customer requesting a white, rather than green tint isn't too much to ask for. Also what about the Logan being a narrow beam? I didn't request this at all.

I did read Curt's post about tint, and I will have to say to a lot of people tint does matter and it makes the light a more effective tool. I remember when I first joined CPF years ago, all the rage at that time was the Energizer with a new CREE emitter. Once beamshots were shown, and it was a sickly green, the hype fizzled out pretty quickly, so no matter how effective that light would be as a tool, as ringy and green as it was, if you actually owned one, you'd not likely want to use it especially if you have a light that does what it does, and does it better, in a color more pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, also you didn't mention anything about the QTC's glitchy and sensitive brightness changes when the light it moved or handled. Is this normal? I noticed this very obviously with my 2 lights, and another CPF member has 1 (maybe more) that he brought to my attention of this happening).

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Eiger is past the 41 hour mark, so far so good as they say. It's fast approaching the 43.5 hour mark set by the current leader of low level AAA runtime group; the 4Seven's ReVO. Technically the 4Seven's Quark AA running a AAA in a AAA>AA adapter shell ran 86 hours to shut-off @ .91v, but it isn't a dedicated AAA light. It is the longest I have been able to produce continuous light from a AAA power source though, so we shall see if the QTC Eiger can fly past that mark.

Last edited:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
The QTC is pretty sensitive to pressure. But I have sold alot of them and have not heard of any real problems.
One customer said that his was a little sensitive and after same use smoothed out. It is not as linear in control as the pot on our LEO series, but it was never going to be as good as that. You are using the threads as a pressure control and not the precise movement of a pot. Maybe Curt can give us
some more insight on this issue.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited: